or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Forum jumps

Forum jumps

post #1 of 4
Hi AppleInsiders,

Could you please add a forum jump at the top of the page instead of just at the bottom.

I know I'm lazy for not scrolling down but it's really starting to bug me.

Cheers.
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads - Dave Lister.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Smastard
Hi AppleInsiders,

Could you please add a forum jump at the top of the page instead of just at the bottom.

I know I'm lazy for not scrolling down but it's really starting to bug me.

Cheers.

Nope. Sorry. Next question.

Of course, I have absolutely no authority to tell you that. Nevertheless, I can just about guarantee that'll be the answer. Why? Because you're not the only lazy person on the planet that's why. But you've come to the right place because there are many, many, many lazy people around here. People who are so lazy, they're too lazy to be bugged that you're starting to be bugged by having to scroll down to the forum jump. They are so lazy, just thinking about the amount of effort involved in adding a forum jump to the top of the page tires them out. If anybody with the power to fulfill your request read your post, they were probably so utterly exhaused after doing so that they've gone off somewhere for a bit of a lie down.

Why don't you bookmark each forum and put it in an AI folder in your bookmarks bar? It's just like a forum jump but involves less clicking to get where you want to go. Just the ticket for a lazy person like yourself I would have thought. I did that once. Of course, the forums have changed since then but I've been too lazy to update it.

I'm feeling a bit worn out now. This replying business is jolly hard work. Think I'll go have a bit of a snooze.

Seeya.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #3 of 4
Wow I thought Douglas Adams had shuffled off this mortal coil but it appears he is alive and well and posting at AppleInsider.

Sorry to have bothered you. I've taken the liberty of making the html code changes to include the forum jump at the top of the page. All I need now is the administrators password to install it. Please email the password, I absolutely promise that I will not show it to anyone.

Trust me

All yours
Bart Smastard

P.S. AppleTalk.com.au have forum jumps at the top and bottom of their pages. I didn't realise the web masters there were so clever, I'm sure they'll be as pleased as punch to know they're better than AppleInsider.
post #4 of 4
Hi there

We could add this feature in seconds but it has been discussed many times before and we just don't want to do it. Sorry.

Jambo
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Forum jumps