or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › EV: Nova

EV: Nova

post #1 of 15
I don't know about everyone else, but I think Escape Velocity Nova will be the shareware game of the year! Ambrosia has done a awsome job!

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: jhtrih ]</p>
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
post #2 of 15
I went to <a href="http://www.ambrosiasw.com/" target="_blank">http://www.ambrosiasw.com/</a> and I can't find a mention of Escape Velocity : Nova enywhere. Is it a similar step up from EV :o Verride as EVO was from EV? If so, it will be incredibly cool.
post #3 of 15
I still wish EV was MP capable. Imagine an Massive Multiplayer Online EV.

That would be sweet.
post #4 of 15
EV is the best game EVER! I've wanted MP support for such a long time.

What are the new features in EVN? Tranparency, what else?

DAMN, Fran, 81 posts?!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
post #5 of 15
81 and more to come.

EV doesn't need MP it is such a good game, but wouldn't it be cool?
post #6 of 15
I have to keep deleting EV so I can get some work done.
post #7 of 15
I have a folder with 50 megs of pilot files. :eek:
post #8 of 15
&gt;scurries over to ambrosiasw.com to check on the progress log&lt;

&gt;comes back dejected&lt;

it will be awesome
"."
"."
post #9 of 15
I've got a feeling this game might ruin my second year of university. Oh, the hours I've wasted on the first two...
I'm not going anywhere.
I'm not going anywhere.
post #10 of 15
I personally have wasted over 82 hours of my life playing EV, EVO, and various plug-in's. I love that little program that keeps track of usage for each app. As for EVN... I get a rush every time I think about it.
-Apple Press Release
-Apple Press Release
post #11 of 15
EV Nova will be sweet. Taking huge chunks out of my night as the first two.

I don't care about the graphics...any new storyline is great. I got hours out of the first games...best shareware game evAr.
*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
post #12 of 15
I still can't find it. Whatchoo talkin bout, Willis?
post #13 of 15
[quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:
<strong>I still can't find it. Whatchoo talkin bout, Willis?</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/news/upcoming/" target="_blank">Ambrosia: news/upcoming</a>

EV, a threat to your keyboard !
post #14 of 15
I have been watching the log and the EV:N boards off and on for the last 5 months. I am so excited about EV:N. OS X compatible too! Shareware for the 21st century. Ambrosia Software really makes quality products.

As for the new features, take a look at the progress log and look at the new engine features that mburch lists. All sorts of awesome effects. Transparency, Engine glow, shadowing, larger supported sprites, and WAY more. All for around $25 or so... what a deal.

-Ender
If you find yourself sided with the majority, it is time to change your thinking.

-Mark Twain
If you find yourself sided with the majority, it is time to change your thinking.

-Mark Twain
post #15 of 15
Sounds awesome..I just wish they'd release it already!
David Egger
Co-Founder MacMonkey.com
First Year Student DePauw University
David Egger
Co-Founder MacMonkey.com
First Year Student DePauw University
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › EV: Nova