or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Senate has sold out the People

The Senate has sold out the People - Page 4

post #121 of 128
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
"Welfare state"? What's that?

It's usually code for something...can't seem to remember at the moment what it is.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #122 of 128
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
It's usually code for something...can't seem to remember at the moment what it is.

Yeah right. Code.

Yeeesh
"some catch on faster than others"
"some catch on faster than others"
post #123 of 128
Code for 'the thing that keeps infant mortality lower in Cuba and in Europe then the US' I think.
meh
meh
post #124 of 128
I know, maybe you're thinking of the "The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act" State? The one where they put a 5 year lifetime cap on sharply reduced benefits?

Yes, 5 years of receiving a monthly pittance for being poor and having children certainly destroys ones ability to make ones way in the world after ones home is destroyed and ones neighborhood is rendered unlivable.

If not for the corrosive effects of the The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act State I'm pretty sure that these poor and homeless people would be availing themselves of the ownership society and taking out small business loans to better themselves.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #125 of 128
Republicans in Congress have made it clear they're willing to fight for military contractors' right to lie, cheat and defraud taxpayers.

Vote out all Republicans

This a good one:

www.alternet.org/story/37849/
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #126 of 128
The Senate really has sold out the people. No raise in the minimum wage, and no civil rights for you!
post #127 of 128
But a flag burning ammendment was need NOW!

A f*ck those queers too.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #128 of 128
Quote:
Originally posted by Northgate
But a flag burning ammendment was need NOW!

A f*ck those queers too.

How many people in this country burn "Old Glory" anyway? Most of the time you see anything of flag burning, it is from the Viet Nam erea.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The Senate has sold out the People