or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › The amount of money Apple gets from AT&T per iPhone has allegedly been confirmed

The amount of money Apple gets from AT&T per iPhone has allegedly been confirmed

post #1 of 5
http://www.thestreet.com/s/sweet-iph.../10369581.html

"People close to the companies tell TheStreet.com that AT&T is paying Apple a bounty of between $150 and $200 per phone -- plus $9 a month per phone over the life of the typical two-year customer contract."

That's up to $416 per iPhone!

If this is true, I wonder what it will do to the stock. Well, I wonder how much it will do the stock.
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post

http://www.thestreet.com/s/sweet-iph.../10369581.html

"People close to the companies tell TheStreet.com that AT&T is paying Apple a bounty of between $150 and $200 per phone -- plus $9 a month per phone over the life of the typical two-year customer contract."

That's up to $416 per iPhone!

If this is true, I wonder what it will do to the stock. Well, I wonder how much it will do the stock.

I still just consider this rumor, no matter how the reporter characterizes it... Unless it's coming from Apple or at&t, that is.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

Vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho 2016!

GOA

post #3 of 5
Let me get this straight:

Revenue streams for each company from the iPhone:

Apple -
iPhone itself
Service fee kickback
iTunes content sales

AT&T -

Activation
Remaining monthly service fees

Seems like the scales are tipped heartily in Apple's favor unless monthly service generates that much profit for AT&T.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Let me get this straight:

Revenue streams for each company from the iPhone:

Apple -
iPhone itself
Service fee kickback
iTunes content sales

AT&T -

Activation
Remaining monthly service fees

Seems like the scales are tipped heartily in Apple's favor unless monthly service generates that much profit for AT&T.

Well, if AT&T is paying Apple $150-200 per phone they sell, that means they're retaining making $400 or so on every phone they sell. That's an almost unheard-of profit for a reseller.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Well, if AT&T is paying Apple $150-200 per phone they sell, that means they're retaining making $400 or so on every phone they sell. That's an almost unheard-of profit for a reseller.

$150-200 bounty (above and beyond the cost of the iPhone to AT&T) is how I read it.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • The amount of money Apple gets from AT&T per iPhone has allegedly been confirmed
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › The amount of money Apple gets from AT&T per iPhone has allegedly been confirmed