Apple Retail Store Nightmare

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Could you give some more details?

This thread is quite old. The OP has long gone.

Quote:

As for driving around: Respectfully, that is your fault.

Hmmm. Don't you think it might have been good service for the Apple Store employees to have told him about the stock-checking page? Why did they tell him to drive to the next store if he could have just checked availability over the web?

I don't know about you, but knowledge doesn't just suddenly appear in my head; I have to read about it, be told it, or work it out as a logical consequence of what I already know. My point being, it is not reasonable to expect someone to "just know" that the stock-checking web page exists, they have to be told about it.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

This thread is quite old. The OP has long gone.

Hmmm. Don't you think it might have been good service for the Apple Store employees to have told him about the stock-checking page? Why did they tell him to drive to the next store if he could have just checked availability over the web?

I don't know about you, but knowledge doesn't just suddenly appear in my head; I have to read about it, be told it, or work it out as a logical consequence of what I already know. My point being, it is not reasonable to expect someone to "just know" that the stock-checking web page exists, they have to be told about it.

The thread is from July. And I'll reply to what I like. Secondly, why do you need to take that tone? I didn't claim they acted properly.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

The thread is from July. And I'll reply to what I like.

Sorry if you feel I berated you for replying, that was not my intention. I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't expect a reply from the guy.

Quote:

Secondly, why do you need to take that tone?

You stated it was his fault he drove to those other stores; I presented a counter-argument. I note you don't raise any specific issues with the actual content of said argument.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

Sorry if you feel I berated you for replying, that was not my intention. I was merely pointing out that you shouldn't expect a reply from the guy.

Fine.

Quote:

You stated it was his fault he drove to those other stores; I presented a counter-argument. I note you don't raise any specific issues with the actual content of said argument.

I really don't know if I believe him to begin with. That said, I'm not going to drive 60 miles on the word of a retail employee...are you? It's his fault he drove.

As for good service: I agree, but they didn't make him do anything. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:

O RLY? is an especially sarcastic form of "oh, really?".

Just check out all his other posts. Yes, he was/is a troll, fortunately he was mostly ignored so he went away.

Yup I know that ( abovementioned post ). Thanks. He ( the troll ) will not get away soon.. say, you are also the police..
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post

I like this font best for complaints.

I like people who use this font to say that they like this font best!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

It's possible to have a bad shopping experience?

Thanks for letting us know. We had no idea.

At the ATnT store = no surprise. Go to Macrumors and see the number of people who had a bad experience at the ATnT store.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Quote:

I've got to agree with aart12, that is atrocious customer service.

It makes you wonder how Apple consistently come top of customer service satisfaction surveys. I guess it's hard to be 100% perfect.

100%? How about 99%?

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/...action-survey/

Quote:

RBC Capital and ChangeWave Research found that 99 percent of the 200 iPhone 3G S users surveyed between were “satisfied” with their phone. Of those 82 percent said they were “very satisfied” with the device.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aart12 View Post

Merely expressing dissatisfaction for what has become the norm, accepted by so many sheep... as demonstrated by the replies I've seen here! lol. Ah, well. I am through with this thread.

4 post, 1 thread wonder. Wow, I wonder if he was a troll?