Apple retail stores attract new Mac buyers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    I'm seeing big carpenter ants out of the corner of my eye marching across my keyboard, when I look they disappear...

yes im drunk again, but feeling fine. cheap vacation this year, I;m typing pretty good too...

no mac for me this year... no 15 inch not glary, anti-reflective...

did I mention I had to rebuild my whole hard drive today, yep, turns out a couple of years ago I got pawned, on a mac no less.. watch them pron sites...my ewife she warns me,, but i gotta have me lovelies..

fj too hot to go outsideeeeee darn yo u al gore lying dak of shjotQ!!!

heh did I make you laugh, I hoper so . good night , , ) oh hyrh m
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    hey automatic smilies faces. cooll did nd'd knwo rtthat.. no .

bgyeee
  • Reply 23 of 27
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Fifth Avenue is tough. SoHo is too. The manager there told me that while their numbers were off for a while after 5th opened up, they've been higher than ever recently.

What numbers? Fifth Avenue is a flagship store. It exists to show the brand name and products to millions of people per month in that insanely-high traffic zone.

It makes zero difference if that store makes money or not. Why the manager there would care is beyond me, their store's purpose is different than every other Apple store in the country.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Aren't they just drag queens left over from the meatpacking hooker days?

Or Jersey girls on their way home from a Sex on the City night on the town? or both?

WOW !!! valium would helped that crash .....

and the colored girls go... do da do .. do da do da do

>>>>>>>>

PART TWO OF THE BIG APPLE APPLE STORE WARS .[/I]

THE Soho store is weird where the genius bar guys are real smart and the clients go there like school learning . They tend to wear tight jeans and loose t's . They rarely meet and pick up other apple fans and have afternoon sex .

The fifth ave store is filled with apple cust who know more about apple than any one one .They also have all the over sea on vac buyers who avoid the vat tax . its a 155 hr week and the 5th ave store never stop's selling the every single item in the store. iT ALL SELLS . its not as warm as soho. its a bit corp. cold . .

NOW THE LITTLE 12TH STREET STORE is on fire

Is a store where everyone is clueless about every thing . they buy they sell they chit chat and they mix.the apple peeps and the far west side crazies have no problem meeting and having delightful tuesday afternoon sex.

it is the best store in the world . YOU can buy a MBP 15'3.02GHz and have made within 49 minutes a hudson river dvd movie.

The staten island store is filled with pimple faced wanna be newbie no nothing dolts . most ,some are cool .. my 8 yrs old knows more than some their ..

Firewire /matte screens /and discs will be one day soon gone .MBA will be the new MBP

IPOD NANO will one day have also be a simple

phone . No wifi/internet .JUST phone /music movie playback .

mactripper was drunk and posted stupid stuff since apple will have anti glare mac tripper has no reason to bitch .

what's my excuse ??

• Reply 25 of 27
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

What numbers? Fifth Avenue is a flagship store. It exists to show the brand name and products to millions of people per month in that insanely-high traffic zone.

It makes zero difference if that store makes money or not. Why the manager there would care is beyond me, their store's purpose is different than every other Apple store in the country.

Please don't make stuff up .

The fifth ave store out sells the next 5 combined .

It has a ton of over seas clients who too avoid vat and high eurotrash taxes buy there apple stuff there. And they but 3 or 8 MBP 's at a time. The selling is calm, steady AND STRONG MONEY wise

and many many sales have multiples of said product being sold . The flagship store is in the heart of the greatest city the world has ever known. Apple fans from around the world flock there and pay homage ,

And they also spend . Go there at 3 am on a rainy monday night .

Don't push me to reveal the sales numbers .They are not to be believed.

• Reply 26 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

I know the manager of the SoHo store.

What gave you the impression that I said one of these stores isn't making money?

You do know that in the last fiscal year, the 5th Ave store sold over $400 million in product, and the Soho store over $120 million? Both stores made plenty of profit.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Impressive to the point of being unbelievable. I drove by the Apple Store in Walnut Creek,CA

today(10:15 a.m.), intending to stop. It is in an area of several square blocks of retail shops.

That whole part of town was deserted except for the Apple Store. There was a line of people,

I guess waiting for iPhones, and the whole place was packed. Unreal.

I've seen the exact same scenario in my town.