Foxconn official says employee had suspicious history

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoctorBenway View Post

There's a site called Wikipedia - it's on the internets. Can you say "internet"?

VERY GOOD!

Can you say FULL OF SHIT

Here's your response in a nutshell: "I don't know."

I mean you act like you're a knowitall on the subject, and as soon as someone asks for a simple little comparison, you tell them to go wiki it. I could do that for anything in any discussion.

It simply would have been a bit more impressive if you actually had something to say other than basically "go look it up yourself"
  • Reply 62 of 65
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phelix_da_kat View Post

Yes it is greed...

But you cannot ignore the Unions. Look at the auto works, their pensions were obscene. I am all for getting paid well, but getting 70-100k a year ie effectively your annual wage when you retire.. (effectively adding $1.5-2k on to the purchase prie of every new US auto)..

Now thats greed.

And,.. we are all guilty. We want the inthing.. cheap goods.. if those union workers are charging so much, where do you think these items are goingt o be made then?

You should check your facts VERY CAREFULLY before stating that autoworkers get up to 100k a year at retirement ... it's just not so ... and remember, any contract negotiated by management and union alike has to be signed off by both parties ... if it's a lousy contract, don't sign it.

Also I find it interesting to note that that BEFORE getting bailout funds some auto manufacturers, thanks to government prodding, were able to REDUCE costs up to 17.00 p/hr without reducing basic wages and benefits. ... why weren't they doing it before ... that's bad management.

The last thing I'll leave you with is this ... whose decision was it to keep pushing larger cars when all the companies that were taking larger market share were going the opposite way.

In summary: stubbornly hanging on to models that were not in tune to majority of consumers.... having to bribe consumers with 0% financing to help sell mistakes ... increase bribery amount with cash back discounts. If nothing else these actions should alert management and make them wonder why people were not buying their product WITHOUT THE BRIBES. .... all of these were LOUSY decisions made by lazy and greedy (their bonuses and share options got increasingly larger, not smaller) management .. not union workers, so lets start putting the blame where it lies, o.k.?
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Can you say FULL OF SHIT

Here's your response in a nutshell: "I don't know."

I mean you act like you're a knowitall on the subject, and as soon as someone asks for a simple little comparison, you tell them to go wiki it. I could do that for anything in any discussion.

It simply would have been a bit more impressive if you actually had something to say other than basically "go look it up yourself"

Go look it up yourself.

(hint: there's a lot of writing involved when you're talking about 2 different countries. But hey - if I was unemployed and on welfare like you, I might have more than a few minutes over lunch to waste here. Sorry to hear about your sorry state of affairs where you can write a thesis in the middle of the day - when you should be working. You should be - but we all now know - you're not. Mmmmm is that govt cheese yummy?)

• Reply 64 of 65
    Quote:

Go look it up yourself... when you should be working.

Dear God man,

There are any number of perfectly valid explanations as to why someone would be able to post here, post in length and still be gainfully employed. If that weren't so, what use would it be to come here? Asking the difference between China and Taiwan may seem silly to you or I, but it was a valid question and one you could have answered with ease.

You have every right to an expression of confusion over folks not being aware of the differences, as I expressed when I stepped in to answer the question, but "go look it up" was not a mature response and nor is there any way for you to spin it as one. And for the record, you are no better than anyone here.

Do better.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

Go look it up yourself.

(hint: there's a lot of writing involved when you're talking about 2 different countries.

It's likely to be one country in a decade or so.