Snow Leopard Golden Master seeded to Apple developer community

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    stokessdstokessd Posts: 103member
    "... is now said to be in the hands of all registered Mac OS X developers."

Nice try, it's not in the hands of all registered developers (of which I'm one). IT's in the hands of all registered "Select" and "Premier" level developers.

Significant difference

Sheldon
  • Reply 22 of 32
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sterling32 View Post

The developer community gave Apple hell when Leopard was released for not making the GM available to developers before the street date. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple made sure to make the GM available well in advance of Snow Leopard being available to the public.

The developer community?

All of us?

Or just a handful, if any.

I don't recall hearing that. Certainly your declaration hasn't been the topic of general discussion at any mass developer event I ever been apprised of.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    "In Snow Leopard, OS archives and installs you!"
  • Reply 24 of 32
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member
    This would be a perfect opportunity to debut an app store for the Mac. Buy and download SL now! Developers would need to know ahead of time, though, wouldn't they?
  • Reply 25 of 32
    jensonbjensonb Posts: 532member
    I want it to come out on September 4th.

I get paid on September 4th.

These two statements are related (I used up basically all my last paycheque on my iPhone 3GS)
  • Reply 26 of 32
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    My guess is sept 22 or 25 for snow leopard to hit the streets.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    I think I missed the story where it was revealed that Apple pulled QuickTime X from Snow Leopard.

I'm only running 10A421a and QuickTime X is in that.

Can we have some comment on why QuickTime X has suddenly been replaced with QuickTime 7.6.x???
  • Reply 28 of 32
    iansilviansilv Posts: 283member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ontheinside View Post

I think I missed the story where it was revealed that Apple pulled QuickTime X from Snow Leopard.

Can we have some comment on why QuickTime X has suddenly been replaced with QuickTime 7.6.x???

wait- what?!?
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

My understanding is that it has not been pulled. QuickTime 7.x is just there so that people with old QT Pro licenses will be able to continue using them.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryanplusplus View Post

My understanding is that it has not been pulled. QuickTime 7.x is just there so that people with old QT Pro licenses will be able to continue using them.

Is that necessary though? There is no QuickTime X Pro. Why would someone stick with 7 when X is better and fully free?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:

Is that necessary though? There is no QuickTime X Pro. Why would someone stick with 7 when X is better and fully free?

There are certain file formats that aren't supported by Quicktime X and it makes very little sense wasting money to point those CODEC's to the new up to date framework.

I don't know who told you that Quicktime X has been but I'd disown him as a friend or source of information - he or she clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

This would be a perfect opportunity to debut an app store for the Mac. Buy and download SL now! Developers would need to know ahead of time, though, wouldn't they?

No No No No. And no. Think before you speak. You don't even understand the gravity of what you suggest...or how absolutely horrible such a thing would be.

Take your " Apple should control everything including what you like to do" ideas elsewhere.

Evil propagandist.