Possible third generation Apple iPod touch photos surface

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    GPS is the main feature I'm interested in. I'm LONG overdue for a new GPS - old one works fine, but it's not USB, doesn't have maps and is black and white; it's a Magellan 320.

I think a Touch with a decent GPS plus all the apps of the App Store would eat into Garmin and the other handheld GPS makers' market share. I'd probably be willing to buy a GPS app for the thing. I just don't like the idea of spending $3-400 on a nice handheld GPS when all it will ever be is a GPS.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasenj1 View Post

GPS is the main feature I'm interested in. I'm LONG overdue for a new GPS - old one works fine, but it's not USB, doesn't have maps and is black and white; it's a Magellan 320.

I think a Touch with a decent GPS plus all the apps of the App Store would eat into Garmin and the other handheld GPS makers' market share. I'd probably be willing to buy a GPS app for the thing. I just don't like the idea of spending $3-400 on a nice handheld GPS when all it will ever be is a GPS.

- Jasen.

GPS or at least a reasonably accurate location is key so to many applications I can't help but think the new iPod touch will have one. The same goes for the camera. Okay 3MPx is poor and it would be far better if Apple remotely considered including some optics but again so many Apps make use of the camera the iPod is a long-way behind being the app machine it should be.
  • Reply 43 of 45
    it's all scratched up because apple execs saw the zune HD and throw it out the window in disgust that a microsoft product bested their flagship mp3 player... embarrassing for a company like apple that takes such pride in their design. I would say if anything, this was a legit prototype they scraped after seeing what the competition was able to put out, and that's why they don't care if it leaks... at least I hope so... apple needs to get back on the innovation game.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    wobegonwobegon Posts: 764member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadisawesome View Post

it's all scratched up because apple execs saw the zune HD and throw it out the window in disgust that a microsoft product bested their flagship mp3 player...

Right, an unreleased product 'bested' another unreleased product.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

Right, an unreleased product 'bested' another unreleased product.

Some people are easily hypnotized by zooming animations.