Briefly: Mac customer satisfaction, Apple-Beatles rumor

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw View Post

I do find it strange that somebody who is happy to steal via Pirate Bay would pay for his MBP? why not steal it too?

I guess it's the effort involved in the act of the theft not the principle. With the amount of people who share his view, I guess I should be glad they're all so lazy!

Copyright infringement IS NOT THEFT.

"The infringer invades a statutorily defined province guaranteed to the copyright holder alone. But he does not assume physical control over the copyright; nor does he wholly deprive its owner of its use. While one may colloquially link infringement with some general notion of wrongful appropriation, infringement plainly implicates a more complex set of property interests than does run-of-the-mill theft, conversion, or fraud."

—Dowling v. United States, 473 U.S. 207

This does not make it right to pirate music, mind you; it's not. It just means you ought to come up with more accurate analogies so people don't think you sound like a smug asshole.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    mpwmpw Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmcalpin View Post

...asshole....

Nothing like quoting legalise to avoid sounding like a 'smug asshole'... but do you agree that downloading copyrighted material, or producing products using another person?s protected design is wrong? Do you agree that by evading paying for the use of a product or service is wrong? Do you agree that in effect the principle of deciding to take without payment to the person who has a right to be paid for the item you're taking/using/coping is, in principle, no different to a decision to perpetrate theft?
  • Reply 43 of 47
    buzdotsbuzdots Posts: 452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

This time, the assumptions are based on the date: 9-9-09...

Whether the Sept. 9 date has to do with planning or mere coincidence remains to be seen.

Well, for all you die-hard fans out there, I think they will be available on the 10th!

(one after 909)
  • Reply 44 of 47
    I bought the albums as they came out

some of the 45's

again paid for a lot of them when they were more popular than Jesus

got the 8 tracks (thanks Les Paul)

got the cassettes

got the CD

Loaded the Albums on to iTunes

lost most of my hearing by this time

won't be getting the remastered music

Thanks for all the good times and those to come
  • Reply 45 of 47
    ch2coch2co Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

You're all too serious for my likey. This Beatles thing is gone beyond lame at this stage. It's like the build up for the second coming in digital form, only everyone has the analogue version.

I'm waiting for the digital vinyl versions myself, I've already bought all of the analog vinyl stuff..
  • Reply 46 of 47
    People said the EXACT same thing about Beatles 1. I think that sold pretty well.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

This Beatles thing has become a joke. Does anyone honestly care anymore. Any Beatles fan already has their stuff in their iTunes LONG LONG LONG ago. Yet, Steve and his big ego will try to tout it as if we couldn't have lived without this. Movin' on.

• Reply 47 of 47
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    It appears that part of the Beatles announcement on 9/9 will the they are releasing song for Rock Band, so I wonder with the collection will appear on Itunes as well.