2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    ^^^^^ Loves it!
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

I thought I read somewhere that Williamsburg was to get one- must have been rumor.

It's boggles the mind that Apple continues to drop the ball where Williamsburg is concerned. I just can't understand the logic what with legions of Macbook/Iphone toting hipsters as far as the eye can see. Truly a mystery to me. I usually avoid the place like the plague but if Apple gets smart, It might give me a reason to break with tradition. And look at ALL the surrounding neighborhoods that are teeming with 20-30 somethings it would attract; Greenpoint, Ft. Green, Brooklyn Heights, Dumbo, Bushwick,, etc. Shit, Park Slope even.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    254 stores

x5.9 mil per store

=1,498,600,000

-350,000,000 from one store in New York

= 1,148,600,000

÷ 253 stores

= 4.5 mil per store (rounded)

1.5 mil less on average for the other stores, made me think about how big a deal the 5th Ave store is I wonder if there are others doing 100+ mil business?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    haro!haro! Posts: 32member
    I noticed the job posting a couple of months back for a New York store in the 10023 area code, but I didn't want to say anything since I was looking, okay still am, for a job. Thought I could better my chances...
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

4 Apple Stores! Soon the Statue of Liberty will have a Macbook under it's arm.

Brilliant!
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

I hear Microsoft's will be in the boroughs alongside Sam's Club.

• Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:

It's not as easy for UWS residents to access 5th Ave. Plus Lincoln Center is right across the street (tourists). However, that neighborhood has always struck me as very PCish and not just for the fact that Jerry Seinfeld lives there. It's nice but not very hip unlike the other NY locations. I think this will be the place to get the most switchers.

BTW- UES has much easier access to Fifth AVe store.

I'm an AASP on the UWS, its been known over year now that Apple was building there from the looks of it this will be a small store. Most likely for iPhones and iMacs. My business has increased this summer because all the apple stores are overwhelmed. I get calls from people all day who can't wait 3 to 5 days to get an appointment at any of the 3 stores here. I do 24 hour turn around in most cases because I'm small. It seems the stores are over run with iPhone buyers so they don't have much time for people with laptops and desktops for warranty repair. As for who has more macs the west side or the eat side from where I sit the west side hands down. The east side has been the more conservative part of NYC. Downtown in Soho and the east village have more, trendy arty area.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Hi...

Its great news for me and my neighbors.It will be great to have it here near my place.Thanks apple.