Despite date, Beatles not coming to iTunes Wednesday - report

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Anyway, without arguing the relevance of the Beatles (which I think is as pointless as it is ridiculous), it's still apparent that the audience for their material is aging, and isn't going to be growing.

Not according to this survey
  • Reply 62 of 70
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joe in miami View Post

He has a point.

yes, but you can only see it when he takes off his propellor beanie
  • Reply 63 of 70
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    shhhh

hush all you bug faced dudes

the beatles are coming

even if not to apple tunes there coming

the bleating is so...

well ,,,

You say you will love me if I have to go,

You'll be thinking of me, somehow I will know,

Someday when I'm lonely, wishing you weren't so far away,

Then I will remember things we said today.

>>>>>

Dear Prudence won't you open up your eyes?

Look around round

Look around round round

Look around.

Dear Prudence let me see you smile.

Dear Prudence like a little child.

The clouds will be a daisy chain.

So let me see you smile again.

Dear Prudence won't you let me see you smile?

hey dudes kick back cause in the morrow apple corps and apple inc both have a lot to say .

and that means >>>>> steve jobs might skip his own party to see accross the pond

The way things are going,

They're going to crucify me.

Caught the early plane back to London,

Fifty acorns tied in a sack.

The men from the press said we wish you success,

It's good to have the both of you back.

Christ! You know it ain't easy,

You know how hard it can be.

The way things are going,

They're going to crucify me.

any way all this 9 9 9 stuff has me in a beatle mood

peace

Eleanor Rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been,

Lives in a dream.

Waits at the window, wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door,

Who is it for?

All the lonely people, where do they all come from?

All the lonely people, where do they all belong?
  • Reply 64 of 70
    According to a now missing news blast on SKY News (and mysteriously, even the Google cache page is missing) Yoko Ono has let slip that the entire catalogue is being announced for iTunes tomorrow.

http://9to5mac.com/Beatles-iTunes
  • Reply 65 of 70
    Remember the theme of the keynote is It's Only Rock 'n' Roll? Well, a little search on the Internet turned up this:

http://www.londonpass.com/LondonBeatlesStore.asp

Note that the store opposite the official London Beatles Store is named It's Only Rock 'n' Roll--a store that sell paraphernalia not only from the Beatles, but several other famous rock bands of the same period.

I'm almost willing to bet that Apple, Inc. will FINALLY announce the availability of the remastered Beatles catalogue on the iTunes Store, though it won't be available until early November, complete with the "Cocktail" digital album liner notes if you buy the full albums.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

While the Sept. 9 date marks major events for both The Beatles and Apple, the timing is just a coincidence and does not foreshadow any announcements set for Wednesday, a new report claims.

Peter Kafka with MediaMemo cited "a source familiar with the band's plans" in a story Tuesday, in which he debunks the ongoing rumors that the world's most famous rock band would see its catalog debut on Apple's iTunes Music Store.

"If you’re trying to convince people to spend $16.99 for a remastered copy of the White Album," Kafka asked, "or as much as $250 to play along with the band’s ghostly avatars, why offer a competing product from Apple at the same time? Nor do I see Steve Jobs expressing much interest in coordinating his marketing announcements with the likes of Viacom."

My question is: why else would Apple use that day for their event, so as to not get drowned out in the Beatles hoopla? I think Apple would have to have something big to compete against that, or to go with the flow, if they have Beatles too. Already we have the CDs and games being released on the same day, why not downloads too? Apple could have made their presentation next week Tuesday and no one would have known that they pushed back their date. It's not as if Apple didn't know the significance of that date or what was being released for many months now.

I'm not saying that Beatles necessarily will be released on iTunes or announced tomorrow, but it seems like the most plausible reason for Apple to use the same date. The other reasons or other objections seem kind of weak to me.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    Any chance Macca or Ringo will play at the event?
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Not according to this survey

Assuming popularity translates into sales, perhaps.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Assuming popularity translates into sales, perhaps.

I don't know if it would net a deluge in sales of Beatles in particular, but I do believe that it would be a worthwhile PR splash.