Despite lack of surprises, Apple announcements seen as positive

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

I can understand Apple not including a camera and, frankly, who needs another mediocre video device? I also understand that Apple is working on holding the line on prices considering the current economic climate.

But over the long haul, the Touch needs to evolve. To me, if the idea is for it to be more of a pocketable computer, then a bigger screen is a logical upgrade. Not bigger as in 10" but bigger than the current model. To do this Apple would have to develop the Touch on a track independent of the iPhone but this is what Apple should do.

The Touch needs to be something more than an iPhone minus the phone.

The Touch needs to be something more than an iPhone minus the phone. ?? Maybe a MIFI TOUCH ? with voip ?

Anyway i Agree with your post dude >>folks over at MIT stated in a blog that 9x6in 9x5.5 in is the lab coat sweet spot .

i feel the touch will get its camera and other stuff but there is a large bored gaming community making the touch their device of choice .HIJACKING it in effect .

for tens of millions $250-$299 is there cut off point for gaming device.

So maybe WE WILL see some tablet like device with A all new app store and a lite osx snowy sold over time in 2 or 3 forms or sizes leaving the touch frozen as a wifi gaming machine.

Yet A NEW app store form fitted for a larger screen would open up 3 yrs from now a window for larger ipod touch gaming/wifi device.

i guess i could go on for a while like this but you get my point that no matter what road apple takes it will still make products that i don't yet even know that i always needed them . And over time i can't live without them . My wife will shoot me soon

peace

or even A MIFI TOUCH with free vip calling ??
  • Reply 22 of 23
    It's nice Steve was healthy enough to put in an appearence... but from the looks of him, he won't be around much longer. Maybe the company can go on without him? Hopefully they can pull it together, but if the events of lately (lackluster Snow Leopard release, malware exploits, unevolved ipod, ect...) are any indication of the future of Apple, I'd say they are in serious trouble.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crankenstein View Post

It's nice Steve was healthy enough to put in an appearence... but from the looks of him, he won't be around much longer. Maybe the company can go on without him? Hopefully they can pull it together, but if the events of lately (lackluster Snow Leopard release, malware exploits, unevolved ipod, ect...) are any indication of the future of Apple, I'd say they are in serious trouble.

Disguising your trolling with an artificial veneer of "objectivity" doesn't make it any more credible.

Apple has been doing nearly everything right lately, and for the past decade. And with Steve Jobs out of the picture, quite ill, for months on end, Apple posted record Mac sales, record profits, and record performance overall . . . in a recession. Major refreshes to software, noteboooks, phones, and yes, even iPods.

Snow Leopard has been successful. It has once again, as Apple operating systems usually do, set the bar. We don;t know what Windows 7 will do because it doesn't exist in stores yet. Snow Leopard wasn't meant to be a major, full release. And it wouldn't seem like one because Leopard was already the best an OS could possibly be, relatively speaking. There's hoopla over Windows 7 - or there at least might appear to be more - because Windows sufferers haven't had a decent OS since 2001! Not that XP was much to be proud of. Microsoft is improving on a failure: Vista. Of course it'll be huge! At this point anything is better.

And an iPod event that is a bit underwhelming to tech-heads and Apple enthusiasts on the ass-end of the net, is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, whereas every other Apple event has been regarded as landmark. Even Apple's minor events make major news. Even minor tweaks make a major impact. Because these tweaks are happening to products that defined, and continue to redefine the market. They're happening to products people want and get excited about.

The event in January was rather underwhelming too, was it not? Just some software and a new battery. And then Apple turns around and shows the entire tech world how it's done - how to sell not just phones and handhelds, but computers. In a recession, no less.

All of this doom-and-gloom crystal ball gazing that trolls are so desperate to do around here, has always been artificial, and has never reflected reality.

The funny (and sad) part is, is that Apple consistently proves peoole like you wrong. Like every time. One would think you'd get smart and actaully put your money on Apple. If you'd done that, you would have spent nearly a decade making perfect sense.