Possible T-Mobile-Sprint merger could rival AT&T in subscribers

1235»

Comments

  • Reply 81 of 100
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    No. But reading your post makes me feel like I am listening to a first grader.



    Who the hell are you buddy? So far I hear people, myself included, discussing a topic of interest to them. What I do not hear is any executives from any company involved or anybody with any real expertise in the field giving their thougths or opinions.



    But hey man- nice try on looking smart on a forum. Go over to macrumors if you want to be a tool with nothing to contribute but condescension from the protection of anonymity.



    Don't be a douchebag.



    Nothing like throwing five muckballs while complaining that someone else threw one. Good going.
  • Reply 82 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    Nothing like throwing five muckballs while complaining that someone else threw one. Good going.



    You're a moderator?
  • Reply 83 of 100
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    You're a moderator?



    I don't know why you think I am showing favoritism here. You chose to escalate it into an argument rather than be civil and ask that it be cleaned up.
  • Reply 84 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    I don't know why you think I am showing favoritism here. You chose to escalate it into an argument rather than be civil and ask that it be cleaned up.



    read your pm
  • Reply 85 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    read your pm



    I'll tell you something right now. We are VERY lax about trying to shut people up on AI. There are other well known big sites who would have had you off for just questioning a mod.



    Just take a hint, and everyone will be happy.
  • Reply 86 of 100
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    read your pm



    Complaints about moderator performance should be directed to Lundy.
  • Reply 87 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    I'll tell you something right now. We are VERY lax about trying to shut people up on AI. There are other well known big sites who would have had you off for just questioning a mod.



    Just take a hint, and everyone will be happy.



    What you should have done was deleted the original First grader post, deleted my response, and sent us both pm'd warnings about it.



    What you instead did was replied to it, validated it, and gave it credibility. That is not cool for a moderator to do. But whatever- I am over it.
  • Reply 88 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    What you should have done was deleted the original First grader post, deleted my response, and sent us both pm'd warnings about it.



    What you instead did was replied to it, validated it, and gave it credibility. That is not cool for a moderator to do. But whatever- I am over it.



    Since he was posting to ME, not you, there wasn't a problem. He used no names. If he had said that "iansilv, you are a first grader", it might have been different.
  • Reply 89 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    Since he was posting to ME, not you, there wasn't a problem. He used no names. If he had said that "iansilv, you are a first grader", it might have been different.



    I was posting to HIM, not to you- so what was the problem?
  • Reply 90 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    I was posting to HIM, not to you- so what was the problem?



    Look, I have a problem with snarky, immature bull [email protected] I would like this forum to be a place where people- myself included- can discuss topics until they are blue in the face. And for this forum to succeed as a truly world-class place where readers can discuss topics, page views can be generated, and the site owners can truly profit from advertising sales, the kind of juvenile crap where someone insults everyone on the thread who disagrees with him and the moderator approves cannot happen.



    i enjoy someone posting things contrary to my posts. I enjoyed reading the posts about the technical specifications of the networks T-Mobile and Sprint operate. But when you get insulting crap thrown in the mix- regardless if it is directed at me- it should be deleted, not responded to. And if my view causes you to exercise your power as a mod, fine. I mod over at MyMovies, and I spend plenty of time on forums. Just think about what you do when you validate someone's snarky immature off-topic post.
  • Reply 91 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    I was posting to HIM, not to you- so what was the problem?



    Because you were talking to him in the manner that you shouldn't be, several times. And don't be a wiseguy. As a mod, Jeff can nudge you if he feels it's required, and you know that.



    He could have removed your post too. Is that what you want?
  • Reply 92 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    Because you were talking to him in the manner that you shouldn't be, several times. And don't be a wiseguy. As a mod, Jeff can nudge you if he feels it's required, and you know that.



    He could have removed your post too. Is that what you want?



    He should have removed both of them, and sent us PMs. But first, you should have removed the first post instead of replying to it. How am I being a wise guy?
  • Reply 93 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    Look, I have a problem with snarky, immature bull [email protected] I would like this forum to be a place where people- myself included- can discuss topics until they are blue in the face. And for this forum to succeed as a truly world-class place where readers can discuss topics, page views can be generated, and the site owners can truly profit from advertising sales, the kind of juvenile crap where someone insults everyone on the thread who disagrees with him and the moderator approves cannot happen.



    i enjoy someone posting things contrary to my posts. I enjoyed reading the posts about the technical specifications of the networks T-Mobile and Sprint operate. But when you get insulting crap thrown in the mix- regardless if it is directed at me- it should be deleted, not responded to. And if my view causes you to exercise your power as a mod, fine. I mod over at MyMovies, and I spend plenty of time on forums. Just think about what you do when you validate someone's snarky immature off-topic post.



    So you feel that's it's ok to respond to what you think is a snarky post with an even snarkier post of your own?



    That makes no sense.



    We're not going to sanitize the site. As I said, if he had posted something specifically to, or about you, and it went overboard, then you would have been right to complain, to US. But responding doesn't help your argument at all.



    I get people insulting me directly more often that I would like, but i'm all grown up. It doesn't bother me unless they use profane language, or refuse to stop after being asked to.



    People need to let some steam off sometimes. Don't get too upset about ti.
  • Reply 94 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    So you feel that's it's ok to respond to what you think is a snarky post with an even snarkier post of your own?



    That makes no sense.



    We're not going to sanitize the site. As I said, if he had posted something specifically to, or about you, and it went overboard, then you would have been right to complain, to US. But responding doesn't help your argument at all.



    I get people insulting me directly more often that I would like, but i'm all grown up. It doesn't bother me unless they use profane language, or refuse to stop after being asked to.



    People need to let some steam off sometimes. Don't get too upset about ti.



    I'm not upset about T.I. Granted, he should not have bought illegal weapons, but who am I to judge... wait, what?



    OK fine, but I still maintain that T-Mobiel and Sprint combining would be like the deathstar of cell phone companies. Those F'ers would buyout Apple!
  • Reply 95 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    He should have removed both of them, and sent us PMs. But first, you should have removed the first post instead of replying to it. How am I being a wise guy?



    I didn't respond to him. He responded to me. I didn't find it objectionable. As I said it wasn't directed towards you.



    If every time someone on a thread somewhere complains about people in general, then 25% of all posts will be deleted in many threads, if you remove those posts. No one does that. If you do, then your threads are going to be very dry.



    Go to the threads in ARsTechnica, or Anandtech, for example, and read the posts. You'll see that we can be tame in comparison.
  • Reply 96 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    I'm not upset about T.I. Granted, he should not have bought illegal weapons, but who am I to judge... wait, what?



    OK fine, but I still maintain that T-Mobiel and Sprint combining would be like the deathstar of cell phone companies. Those F'ers would buyout Apple!



    I think they'll be the dumpster of cell companies.
  • Reply 97 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    I think they'll be the dumpster of cell companies.



    No- you're missing the big picture- like with every publicity move, a sex tape will be released. Think about tmobile's spokeswoman...
  • Reply 98 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    Think about tmobile's spokeswoman...



    Ah, I often do. Don't you?
  • Reply 99 of 100
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post


    Ah, I often do. Don't you?



    That whole Get More thing...
  • Reply 100 of 100
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iansilv View Post


    That whole Get More thing...



    My wife would object.
Sign In or Register to comment.