Evidence of Apple's tablet-like input interface reappears

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applebook View Post

Since typists still cannot rest their fingers on the keys and still do not receive feedback from bouncing, mechanical keys, touch-keyboards are still unacceptable for most of us as our main device.

That's why I've said it before: why can't there be a slight "buzz" or "bounce" that you feel at the spot where you type so you have tactile feedback? Do Blackberry touch keyboards have this? What is this technology called and could Apple use it in the tablet?

This is more important that more and more multi-touch gestures. Some sort of tactile feedback. Operating my iPhone, even just to call and turn on speakerphone in a car, was pretty scary, "rest assured" I wouldn't do it often as it is bl**dy dangerous.
  • Reply 82 of 82
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

From what I see of that, it looks pretty bad. Typists don't keep their palms in the same exact spot while typing. neither do they rest their hands or fingers on the keys.

As someone there pointed out, it would take gorilla hands to reach the backspace/delete key if you can't raise your hand totally off the display while reaching for it. Some people have big hands, but some have small hands. It doesn't look flexible, or natural.

Did you not examine the patents or read the analysis from the various tech blogs?

Both Apple and Microsof't patents describe an advanced multi-touch keyboard that adjusts it's position according to where your hand position happens to be at the time. It adjusts to you so you don't have to adjust to it.