Parallels Desktop for Mac 5.0 coming soon

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Parallels confirmed Friday that a new version of their virtualization software for Mac OS X is in the works. Specific details on Parallels Desktop for Mac 5.0 are said to be forthcoming.

"Our relentless drive to delight customers fuels our ongoing effort to deliver innovative solutions to our customers, as can be seen in our award winning Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac and our more recently delivered Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition," said Stefan Prestele, senior director of Consumer Marketing for Parallels. "We haven?t stood still since the release of Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac and are committed to delivering additional innovations in our upcoming releases."

In August, Parallels released a new bundle that aims to ease the switch from PC to Mac. Parallels Desktop Switch to a Mac Edition allows users to bring their files and familiar applications from a Microsoft Windows-based PC. It relies on the Parallels Desktop 4.0 software to give users the ability to run their PC applications within OS X without running Boot Camp. It is available for $99.99 direct from Parallels.

Earlier this month, competitor VMWare announced Fusion 3, with more than 50 new features.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    It had better have compelling features for the user and not just a 5.0 number change to charge the consumer yet again for the same product.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    5.0 runs Aero (sort of) on my GMA 950!!! There is a boot flag I had to use, but it actually works really well. THank you Parallels I can now get rid of XP.