Apple retail stores to upgrade from Windows-based EasyPay to iPod touch

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 122
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

This is the most ridiculous comment I've read in a while.

You either don't know teckstud or you don't read the forum much. I'm tempted to assume that "technohermit" is just "teckstud" and you got out a dictionary and used a grammar checker on this post so as to make it look like your a normal intelligent writer instead of the usual drivel we get from the "teckstud" personna.

It's especially unbelievable that you confabulate the bias that Prince shows with "errors," when actually, that's the real difference between the two. Both are biased, but if you actually take the time to do the fact checking you will find that Prince is technically right the majority of the time even when he's playing fast and loose with the language. "teckstud" can hardly write a legible sentence, is dead wrong on the facts 80 to 90 percent of the time, and hardly ever even presents "facts" but rather engages in character assassination, bad childish jokes etc.

I'm not going to try to defend the bias that Prince McClean shows, but he does huge amounts of research and has a very good understanding of the industry and the history of it. teckstud is just some yahoo shouting from the sidelines and saying "oh yeah?!" half the time. He has shown absolutely no knowledge at all of any of the topics on which he pronounces daily.

I'm a little late in replying to this, but you seem to miss an important difference there. Prince writes articles, and teckstud is just some dude with opinions. News articles should be unbiased, factual reports. The comments below them are where the bias and opinions belong.

Saying that Prince is prone to error is an accurate assessment , and 80% isn't good enough for a reporter, sorry. Just because the bar gets continuously lower doesn't make it ok.

The main point there is that AppleInsider will never be legitimate for a source of news, even though they try to walk that line sometimes. Much like Fox, they relegate themselves to the category of "commentators" so they can bend the truth, submit outright lies, claim journalistic impunity when it suits them, etc. For this site, that might seem ok, but macroscopically news media sucks when it's portrayed subjectively. Of course, these are my opinions, and you have yours.

Please don't compare my posts with teckstud's again, either. It's unwarranted, you can just search my post history to see that. My defense of him in this case doesn't require you to infer I'm him. Frankly, it's insulting
  • Reply 122 of 122
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by technohermit View Post

I'm a little late in replying to this, but you seem to miss an important difference there. Prince writes articles, and teckstud is just some dude with opinions. News articles should be unbiased, factual reports. The comments below them are where the bias and opinions belong.

Saying that Prince is prone to error is an accurate assessment , and 80% isn't good enough for a reporter, sorry. Just because the bar gets continuously lower doesn't make it ok.

I agree, people that try to present themselves as a somewhat professional journalist or even a commentator should at least get their facts right and use the best, most unambiguous grammar possible. I don't hold random people with opinions to the same standard, though I do wish they try to get their facts right. But I don't expect the same level of quality from both a pro and the lay public.