Flash playback issues reported on Apple's new 27-inch iMacs

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

wonder who this is, usually IMO kindergarden replies

I also forgot to add that he dresses like a clueless hipster and sips his starbucks latte while playing with iChat video effects!
  • Reply 102 of 108
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wakashizuma View Post

I also forgot to add that he dresses like a clueless hipster and sips his starbucks latte while playing with iChat video effects!

If you had a valid point to make in this thread it's now lost.
  • Reply 103 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

If you had a valid point to make in this thread it's now lost.

funny though....
  • Reply 104 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wakashizuma View Post

You may want pay attention, I live in Mumbai, India, we do not have Starbucks, waste of money to pay $5 for a coffee, when you can easily make it yourself.

It was funny, if I lived in US/Western Europe!
  • Reply 105 of 108
    Has anyone tried switching safari to 32 bit mode? I've come across a few web applications that don't respond well to 64 bits. All i had to do was switch safari to run in 32 bit mode and it worked fine.
  • Reply 106 of 108
    You are the moron my friend, to call a particular platform (Flash) crap because it doesn't work for you. Grow-up!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

You are clearly a moron.

The problem is not the hardware since it runs fine (or at least 'normally') under Windows on a Mac using Bootcamp.

It also runs in Snow Leopard running Windows under virtualization.

The only problems is the mac version running under Snow Leopard. Using top (activity monitor) clearly shows the problem is occurring in the Flash software.

Is this just another example of the fine work of Adobe's "extremely talented group of programers?"

Or is it just that I have bought crappy Apple and HP harware and wrongly blame Adobe for the poor performance of their software.

I suggest you get yourself a higher wattage light bulb.

• Reply 107 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Let's take a look at one of your sentences:
    "This discussion with you us a waste of time because you are so incredibly uninformed because you don't have vision for the future of software."
    While syntacticly not a complete disaster, it's a semantic train wreck. Why would someone's lack of vision cause them to be uninformed? There just doesn't seem to be any logic there at all. I'm guessing this is pretty much what any apps you create will be like too.

Although you are firmly convinced that you know what you are talking about, you are in fact utterly clueless, my friend.

Ah, a lesson in English as a rebuttal, fitting for a moron like yourself....you have no concept of software development.....enjoy Flash...it is here to stay!
  • Reply 108 of 108
    I've been reading around after encountering the problem myself on an ATI equipped 21.5" model.

Apparently the Airport problems that AppleInsider reported on are meant to be the cause for the performance spikes and major lag while watching videos or generally doing anything slightly graphical within the OS interface like hovering over exit or minimise buttons. It can be helped by restarting AirPort when the issue arises but this is only a temporary fix until it happens again.

Apple are releasing the next patch for Snow Leopard soon and I know there's an AirPort fix in it as well as lots of others so we all just have to be patient until it arrives. The patch should fix everything.

Just remember, there are always problems with new hardware/software combinations like this.