The downfall of Bush...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0822329913/qid=1010621197/sr=1-15/ref=sr_1_79_16/102-1788842-1036149"; target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com/exec/ obidos/ASIN/0822329913/qid=1010621197/sr=1-15/ref=sr_1_79_16/102-1788842-1036149</a>

The above book, soon to be published, affirms that the Bush administration had secret deals with the Taliban right after the new administration took office. The goals of these talks was to acquire permission to build an oil pipeline through Afganistan. A quote says, "Give us the carpet of gold [oil] or we give you a carpet of bombs."

The book gives factual proof of all of this, included diplomatic archival materials, and includes interview material from former FBI agents who resigned prior to 9-11 due to the Bush administration's light handed tactics with the teroroists and the Taliban, and taking a weaker stance than Clinton.

In fact, the book asserts from official records, that as late as August 2001, the Bush administration officials met with Taliban officials in Pakistan and were given a chance at the coordinates and time of Osama Bin Laden.?then a wanted teroroist linked to the embassy bombings and the 1993 WTC bombings, plus a whole host Isreali terror attacks?but turned it down.

Some claim the current war on terorism in Afghanistan will be used as an excuse to build the central asia pipeline.

The Bush administration is currently denying all of it.

Look for a New York Times story on this shortly, and the mainstream media to pick it up.

Just imagine, if Al Gore were president, 9-11 might had never happened.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Nostradamus ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 93
    Oops. I seemed to have posted this in the wrong forum. Please close this and move it to AppleOutsider.

:o

• Reply 2 of 93
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    With Enrongate and this Afghanigate, not to mention all the pay-offs to big campaign contributors like giving up on the MS case and all the big tax-cuts to big business contributors, this will go down as the most corrupt administration in history.
  • Reply 3 of 93
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    A corrupt administration that is doing one helluva good job bringing new stability to a war torn nation and reforming our education system, while at the same time releaving some of the tax burden from this nation's citizens. Don't say anything about the economy, I don't want to hear it. It was going bad at the end of Clinton's term.
  • Reply 4 of 93
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to AppleOutsider.
  • Reply 5 of 93
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>A corrupt administration that is doing one helluva good job bringing new stability to a war torn nation</strong><hr></blockquote>

War torn? Its not like want to say it was insignificant what happened on September 11. but your country is not war torn. Go look in Palestine, Israel, Afghanistan (no its not our current "campaign" but the last 20 years of constant war in the country internaal and with Soviet I am talking about) to name a few. Do you really fear new terror attacks? Fear them personally? Would we be able to get so hyped and talk about nothing else than Apples frontpage for whole week if your country was "war torn"?

I actually thought you were proud that the terrorist attack isn´t affecting your lifes more than it does.
  • Reply 6 of 93
    Actually I was refering to war torn Afganistan
  • Reply 7 of 93
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>With Enrongate and this Afghanigate, not to mention all the pay-offs to big campaign contributors like giving up on the MS case and all the big tax-cuts to big business contributors, this will go down as the most corrupt administration in history.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup. Bush is now returning to fund-raising to Florida and returning some favors.

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/01/09/bush.fundraising/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/01/09/bush.fundraising/index. html</a>

Funny, isn't it? There were big gubernatorial and majoral races in other states that were far larger and tighter, yet Bush barely glanced at them. No, there is something special about Florida. It seems to me that this is "returning the favor" to his brother for election 2000.

• Reply 8 of 93

<strong>Actually I was refering to war torn Afganistan</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh gee, that seems hard. We wage the war, win, and then give peace?

Don't tell me about Afghanistan being war torn before 9-11; it was not . The Taliban ruled with an iron fist and the Northern alliance was a piddling opposition.

• Reply 9 of 93
    Afganistan has been in ruins for like 20 years. know the facts before you criticise something. Another thing I don't understand is why do you always attack Bush? Ok, I believe you have established the fact that you don't think much of him but isn't what you are doing similar to wintel people going, "macs suck?" You people get pissed off when they do that but it is all right for you to come here and consistently bash our nations leader? If Al Gore would have won, I would have been upset but I sure as hell wouldn't have gone to the extremes that you do. Bush is our president for the next four years, live with it. It seems like liberals like to whine about everything political (one of the reasons I am a Republican). I know you are entitled to your opinion and all that crap, but it's just gotten old.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: G4Dude ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 93
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]Another thing I don't understand is why do you always attack Bush? Ok, I believe you have established the fact that you don't think much of him but isn't what you are doing similar to wintel people going, "macs suck?" You people get pissed off when they do that but it is all right for you to come here and consistently bash our nations leader? <hr></blockquote>

That's funny. The situation was reversed when Clinton was in power. Guess you can dish it out but you can't take it huh?
  • Reply 11 of 93
    I don't dish it out. I quietly waited for Clinton's presidency to end. I didn't like him but he was our president so I supported him
  • Reply 12 of 93
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member

<strong>Another thing I don't understand is why do you always attack Bush?</strong><hr></blockquote>

For one, Bush's administration basically dropped the antitrust case against Microsoft.
  • Reply 13 of 93
    [quote]Originally posted by qazII:

<strong>

For one, Bush's administration basically dropped the antitrust case against Microsoft.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, that is one Bush policy that I am strongly against, good point
  • Reply 14 of 93
    You people are in a pure fantasy land.
  • Reply 15 of 93
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Scott, if any of this is true, then there is a huge problem for Bush. Just like there could be a huge problem for Cheney with Enron.
  • Reply 16 of 93
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Ive heard these theories before. There is an ex-cop who has done a lot of digging on the subject ( <a href="http://www.copvcia.com"; target="_blank">http://www.copvcia.com</a>; , <a href="http://www.copvcia.com/stories/dec_2001/portland.html"; target="_blank">http://www.copvcia.com/stories/dec_2001/portland.html</a>; ).

I heard the guy speaking on the radio. He points out that several of the terrorist had been CIA trained and were on 'watch lists.' He also said that, judging from his experience in law enforcement, it would have been next to impossible for the CIA not to have know these people had come to the US multiple times for flight training.

The work on the oil pipeline had been suspended a year or so ago. Then, just a few days after 9/11, it started again.

I believe that this 'war' the US gov't is having now is a political ploy to assert US dominance in the middle-east. I think they knew that an attack was pending, but might not have known the specifics.

I dont think anyone (CIA or Usama bin Laden) expected the death count to be so high. It was a fatal error for UbL because the extremely high death toll has allowed Bush administration to move unchecked since Sept.

The most ammusing quote I have heard in the past few months came from a senior Bush admin official (sorry I forget who). He said 'This is the first peaceful transfer of power this region has had in hundreds of years, maybe ever.' Asshole, did you happen to notice all those bombs going off?

-edit-

One more thing...It seems unbelievable that the US gov't could allow something like 9/11 to happen, but there is precedent.

I has been proven by many people that the US gov't allowed the attack on Pearl Harbor to happen so the the US cuold enter the war. But, they underestimated the severity of the attack and the death toll. This seems a good parallel to 9/11 since the WTC disaster has been compared to Pearl Harbor many times.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Keda ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 93
    [quote]Originally posted by Fran441:

<strong>Scott, if any of this is true, then there is a huge problem for Bush. Just like there could be a huge problem for Cheney with Enron.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Fantasy Land.

Enrongate? What a freaking joke. You read the LA Times? You shouldn't.
  • Reply 18 of 93
    [quote]Originally posted by Nostradamus:

<strong>A quote says, "Give us the carpet of gold [oil] or we give you a carpet of bombs."</strong><hr></blockquote>

You've got to be joking. Sounds like some lib's bizarro-fantasy of the way conservatives talk behind closed doors.
  • Reply 19 of 93
    roger_ramjet check out the other books this person has written. I get the feeling that this "author" is from the French tabloids.
  • Reply 20 of 93
    gregggregg Posts: 261member
    Bush is really trying to start WWIII before 2004, for obvious reasons.

Besides that, I've heard he wants to make it illegal for girls to go to school in the U.S. It sure didn't help his twins.