Orange matches O2 pricing for iPhone in U.K.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
U.K. wireless operator Orange announced its pricing for Apple's iPhone Monday, and the handset will cost essentially the same as it does on rival carrier O2 when it debuts on Nov. 10. With a new contract, Orange customers can get a 16GB iPhone 3GS for £184.50 with a service cost of £29.36 per month, for 18 months.

The entry-level 8GB iPhone 3G can be obtained for free with a £29.36 monthly plan for two years, while a commitment of £122.34 can get a free 32GB iPhone 3GS for two years. The plans offer advertised "unlimited Internet browsing," with an asterisk stating that the company's fair usage policy of 750MB per month applies.

Orange also offers pay-as-you-go plans where the handset can be purchased for an unsubsidized price. Without a contract, the 8GB iPhone 3G costs £343, while the 32GB iPhone 3GS is £539. Pay-as-you-go offers mobile Internet browsing with a 250MB cap.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    And so the monopoly begins.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Very disappointing to see nil movement on the prices - especially as the "unlimited" data is clearly limited. I'm sure the Orange 3G coverage can't be worse than O2 though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I agree dissapointed, would have thought they would bring the price down a bit, im on orange just now, and was excited to hear tht the i phone would be coming to orange, it saves the hassle of jailbraking etc but at the prices they are dont think i will be bothering to extend contract in may unless of course contract prices go down....i assume that you will not be able to get bundles e.g unlimited texts etc...?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The entry-level 8GB iPhone 3G can be obtained for free with a £29.36 monthly plan for two years, while a commitment of £122.34 can get a free 32GB iPhone 3GS for two years. The plans offer advertised "unlimited Internet browsing," with an asterisk stating that the company's fair usage policy of 750MB per month applies.