Apple sues one 'knock-off' maker, defends against another

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Well Apple's wouldn't be.

Ever hear of insurance?

Right, right, just like malpractice insurance really helps drive down the cost of medical care.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I don’t think I’ve ever sen a comparable product sold in China. I’ve seen knock offs, but nothing that is comparable in component and build quality.

No kidding.

I worked on a large design project a the Chinese factory that produces rail cars, doing an interior design to Western luxury standards. They just didn't get it at first. When they made things that sort of looked like the spec, it was good from their point of view. It was a running battle getting them to produce correct finishes or even to use the right hardware. We would spec something and they'd come right back with drawings of big clunky things.

I must say, once they "got it" their work was quite good. Getting there wasn't much fun.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    [QUOTE=Xing;1526733]Ikrupp's quote "China invents, innovates, designs, precisely NOTHING."

I enjoy your racist uniformed comments, your lack of knowledge is only surpassed by your utter ignorance.

China has invented quite a few things and lead the way in a few others.

1. tea

2. Silk

3. Porcelain

4. Gunpowder

5. Printing press

6. Water wheel

etc....

/QUOTE]

Yeah, how many thousands of years ago? What have they done for us recently?

How do you equate commenting on inferior products, piracy, counterfeiting and a lack of (visible) innovation with racism? That's a pretty big stretch.
  • Reply 44 of 56
    Probably over 90% of patent lawsuits are not truly about intellectual ideas, are just a means to keep entry into a market prohibitively high as is the case with the majority of certifications.

Not much tech in a power supply etc...

Apple like any other large company uses this tool. For a large company it's no big deal to bring in a couple of patent attorneys to analyze what needs changed to avoid the lawsuit. Also win or lose the little company can't afford the law suit.

It works both ways, it's wrong to copy others work, but it's also wrong to use frivolous legal arguments to squash startups.
  • Reply 45 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xing View Post

Probably over 90% of patent lawsuits are not truly about intellectual ideas, are just a means to keep entry into a market prohibitively high as is the case with the majority of certifications.

Apple like any other large company uses this tool. For a large company it's no big deal to bring in a couple of patent attorneys to analyze what needs changed to avoid the lawsuit. Also win or lose the little company can't afford the law suit.

It works both ways, it's wrong to copy others work, but it's also wrong to use frivolous legal arguments to squash startups.

Cheap knockoffs of critical components should be done away with. Simply because it's a startup doesn't mean it should exist.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    Quote:

If you go to the trouble of making a nearly exact copy of someone else's design, how difficult would it be to just change the shape and color a bit.

This company is clearly trying to use Apple's distinctive industrial design for their own profit. It has nothing to do with frivolity or a big company crushing a little company. It has everything to do with little company stealing intellectual property from big company in order to profit.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffharris View Post

If you go to the trouble of making a nearly exact copy of someone else's design, how difficult would it be to just change the shape and color a bit.

This company is clearly trying to use Apple's distinctive industrial design for their own profit. It has nothing to do with frivolity or a big company crushing a little company. It has everything to do with little company stealing intellectual property from big company in order to profit.

This. Apple should run these leeches out of business. They aren't providing accessories, they're just doing more copying. And the last thing we need are knockoffs of critical components.
  • Reply 48 of 56
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:

Ikrupp's quote "China invents, innovates, designs, precisely NOTHING."

I enjoy your racist uniformed comments, your lack of knowledge is only surpassed by your utter ignorance.

China has invented quite a few things and lead the way in a few others.

1. tea

2. Silk

3. Porcelain

4. Gunpowder

5. Printing press

6. Water wheel

etc....

More currently

hybrid rice (feeds over a quarter of the earth) a little bit bigger deal than apple iPod etc..

Lead the way with solar panels, wind turbines & renewable energies in general.

Oh I almost forgot, China owns most of the US money and has taken most of the jobs & now the American president bows to the Chinese vice president.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2393498/posts

No, I am not Chinese, but your comment is still very insulting & stupid.

My god are you so silly you can't see true chinese innovations that preceded western innovations by at times hundreds of decades.,

Yet the chinese were wide ranging in thought and sent out scores upon scores of soldier teams to bring back to the palace any new finds they could find steal or buy.trade

So if an arab trader while on the silk road meets these finder teams he could trade all his goods and return with rare herbs silks and the such .

In that way chinese scholars had an ever growing fresh source of new ideas to add to their own idea's and invent some incredible contraptions

FIRST OFF

CHINA is 10 or 12 full sized nations twisted and compressed into one under the HAN Chinese . To this day these 100 million person minorities are abused tortured slave labor raped and killed for no other reason than they are NOT HAN.

The first real organized state run chinese invention was torture.

the second was bookeeping

<who did not pay there taxes ?? >>

0-1 TEA is not invented .TEA is a plant .

0-2 Silk is not an invention. Silk worms have been found from the ancient khmer / Thailand Viet /Burma area's

The silk worm did NOT live in the cold and moderate chinese land area's.

Only AFTER the Han chinese invasion of the Siam/ VIET. Burma area;s did the chinese gain access to mass amounts of solk worms .

Which exact group of 13 indigenous peoples invented silk worm cultivation is lost to the mists of time . We do know that the head of a great ruthless army would kill anyone possessing any silk or silk worms or silk looms . ANYONE

1-2 Porcelain yes. HAN chinese among the SONG and GO peoples invented incredible pieces of jade and porcelain works of art . HOW crude the GIreek/Minoan pottery looks against the ancient chinese porcelain. I once held I my hand a small porcelain bowl with tiny tiny red birds. This man made beauty almost matches natures. THE process to make translucent porcelain is now lost to time .

2-2 Gunpowder it was used for many years as a medicine before fire works and still hundreds more year until bombs were invented , this is not something to be proud of , consider all the blood that flowed from this invention.

3-2 Printing press yes the 2 greatest inventions printing press and bookkeeping . These two alone allowed million's of people to free up time to explore our world as opposed to toiling all day in search of food.

Sadly like the greeks the HAN chinese could not stop killing people //could not stop going to war against the real native people who lived in these middle kingdom lands . THE great wall's alone took millions of lives.EXACTLY like what the USA did to its own native people .

WE BOTH KILLED THEM ALL OFF.

TO THE NUMBER

4-2 . Water wheel

yes

yet you choose the base model

the water wheel was used in conjunction with hundreds of other invention to make machines that did dozens of tasks .. breaking ROCKS

And the bookkeepers would record the water wheel invention.S and the printing press would reproduce this invention in book form to distribute across the known world .

Inventions you missed that show you to ,be ill informed .

The chinese one and only greatest invention was the mental tool of learning how to learn . There are millions of examples of this . THE greeks did say i think ther-fore i am

so many you tend to miss it in favor of the shiny bright ones . for example a chinese farmer <<99% of the chinese were farmers> >

ANYWAY a farmer saw that when a certain nasty tasting blueberry bushes grew near his rice crop's his rice yield was a little better . the gov't tax agents knew exactly to the grain the exact yield his fields would produce, <<bookkeeping ! >

So he sat for many seasons and saw blue herons would only alight and nest on this one kind of blue berry bush.

Well the poo from the birds would enrich and slowly leach his soil greatly with nitrates .

His family ate a little bit better year after year , he then planted more and more blue berry bushes all round the region. Every where so the tax people would not learn his secret and him higher . They even had the whole house filled with these plants so the blue herons could live inside with them . This house still stands today . there is a 2500 yr. gap in all other info

So without knowing it he made his small fields a new landing spot on the great blue heron migration. Today the birds still land on these terraced fields BUT why his rice yield was so much higher and his rice tasted so much better was only re-dIyrs.scoverd 3 yrs. ago .

the compass was also invented in the same manner

and the LAND VERSION OF GPS

and medicines that today we find to be exact perfect cures for dozens of ailments

and fantastic great inventions in

astronomy

arts

science

and you could only say TEA

Sadly the chinese are the most racist people alive today so I am surprised at your thin skin.

peace

• Reply 49 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

my god are you so silly you can't see true chinese innovations that preceded western innovations by at times hundreds of decades.,

Yet the chinese were wide ranging in thought and sent out scores upon scores of soldier tems to bring back to the palace any new finds they could find steal or buy.trade

so if an arab trader while on the silk road meets these finder teams he could trade all his goods snd return with rare herbs silks and the such .

In that way chinese scholars had a ever growing fresh source of new ideas to add to there own idea's and invent some incredible contraptions

FIRST OFF

CHINA is 10 or 12 full sized nations twisted and compressed into one under the HAN chinese .

The first real chinese invention was torture

the second was bookeeping

<who did not pay there taxes ?? >>

0-1 TEA is not invented .TEA is a plant .

0-2 Silk is not an invention. Silk worms have been found from the ancient khmer / thaiand viet /burma area's

The silk worm did live in the cold and moderate chinese land area's.

only AFTER the Han chinese invasion did the chinese gain access to mass amounts of solk worms

which exact group of of 13 indigernous peoples invented silk worm cultivation is lost to the mists of time . We do know that the head of a great ruthless army would kill anyone possesing any silk or silk worms or silk looms .

1-2 Porcelain yes. HAN chinese among the SONG and GO peoples invented and lost incredible pieces of jade and porcelain

works of art . HOW crude the greek/minoan pottery looks against the ancient chinese porcelain. i once held i my hand a small porcelain bowl with tiny tiny red birds . the man made beauty almost matches natures .

2-2 Gunpowder and it was uzsed for many7 years as a medicine before fire works and still hundreds more year until bombs were invented , this is not something to be proud of , consider all the blood that flowed from this invention .

3-2 Printing press yes 2 greatest inventions printing press and bookeeping . these two alone allowed million's of people to free up time to explore our world as opposed to toiling all day in search of food

sadly like the greeks the HAN chinese could not stop killing people //could not stop going to war against the real native people whol lived in these middle kindom lands . THE great wall's alone took millions of lives . excactly like what the usa did to its own native people

EXACTLY WE BOTH KILLED THEM ALL OFF.

TO THE NUMBER

4-2 . Water wheel

yes

yet you choose the base model

the water wheel was used in conjunction with hundreds of other invention to make machines that did dozens of tasks

and the bookeepers would record the water wheel invention and the printing press would reproduce this invention in book form to distribute accross the known world .

Inventions you missed that show you to ,be ill informed .

The chinese one and only great invention was the mental tool of learning how to learn . there are millions of examples of this

so many you tend to miss it in favor of the shiny bright ones . for example a chinese farmer <<99% of the chinese were framers> > ANYWAY a farmer saw that when a certain nasty tasting blueberry bushes grew near his rice crop's his rice yield was a little better . the gov't tax agents knew exactly to the grain the exact yield his fields would produce, <<bookeeping ! >

so he sat for many seasons and saw blue herons would only alight and nest on this one kind of blue berry bush.

well the poo from the birds would enrich and slowly leach his soil greatly with nitrates .

his family ate a little bit better year after year , he then planted more and more blue berry bushes all round the region. Every where so the tax people would not learn his secret and him higher . they even had the whole house filled with these plants so the blue herons could live inside with them . This house still stands today . there is a 2500 yr gap in all other info

So without knowing it he made his small fields a new landing spot on the great blue heron migration. today the birds still land on these terraced fields BUT why his rice yield was so much higher and his rice tastsed so much better was only re-dscoverd 3 yrs ago .

the chinese invented a

Have a coffee, bruce.

Tea is not a plant. It's a drink. It's an invention. Someone needed to figure out what to do with the plant/flower leaves.

Silk is made from silkworms. Someone needed to figure out how to extract and harvest the silk and produce something material with it. It's an invention.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Have a coffee, bruce.

Tea is not a plant. It's a drink. It's an invention. Someone needed to figure out what to do with the plant/flower leaves.

Silk is made from silkworms. Someone needed to figure out how to extract and harvest the silk and produce something material with it. It's an invention.

Bruce has some valid points, and you both seem to be saying the same thing just from different PoV.

Tea, the plant, and the silk cocoon of the tussore were not invented, but rather discovered. What was invented is methods for which to utilize them in a manor not naturally occurring.

Tea is pretty simple. You put different parts of plants in water or in food and hope that it tastes good, makes you feel better (medicinal) and doesn?t kill you. Inventing a way to process silk is definitely more involved.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Bruce has some valid points, and you both seem to be saying the same thing just from different PoV.

Reading Bruce's post over again, you're right.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    Quote:

Reading Bruce's post over again, you're right.

thank guys

i saw a show on tea the other day on WILD CHINA TRAVEL CHANnel and it was amazing how they do what they do .

i will look forna show link

peace dudes

• Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:

Have a coffee, bruce.

i re thought the whole thing and i think if i submitted the whole tea shebang to be pateneted i would get a patent

tes and tea making tea > growing and choosing which plants to grow and which not to grow must have took a long time to do .. So since it was not the usual quickie type invention i was mistaken ,

it is an invention for the simple fact that you must do a couple dozen thing exactly right every time for centuries TAKE EARL GREY brand tea

. It always tasted the way it will always taste .

<<hey that last line of mine was pretty good >>

i bow to 610 on the tea issue
  • Reply 54 of 56
    Quote:

This. Apple should run these leeches out of business. They aren't providing accessories, they're just doing more copying. And the last thing we need are knockoffs of critical components.

we should crush them and boil there bones

<<i am watching LOTR <<
  • Reply 55 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

we should crush them and boil there bones

<<i am watching LOTR <<

I say we make tea with their bones. Whaddya think, brucie? Let's do this the civilized way! Orientalism x100.
  • Reply 56 of 56
    Quote:

I say we make tea with their bones. Whaddya think, brucie? Let's do this the civilized way! Orientalism x100.

water torture and 3 re-runs of the green hornet w/ bruce lee