Black Friday Mac and iPod price guides: find the lowest prices

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bruce Young View Post

I checked on them for ordering it this evening, and same as you, found they are sold out of their own stock, only offering the model for $580 from vendor J&R. \

I am hoping they will have it again on Monday for the "Cyber Monday" sales...

Can anyone confirm about Cyber Monday "deals" for this year? ... I Hope I Hope

Answering my own question -- prelim. so far -- I have seen MacMall now advertise a Cyber Monday.

But for the Mac Mini MC238LL -

(a) the $578.99 price is close to their regular price (and tad higher than their original special) - so no special incentive there, and,

(b) as I am in Cal, I would end up paying $55 or so sales tax additionally.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bruce Young View Post

Answering my own question -- prelim. so far -- I have seen MacMall now advertise a Cyber Monday.

But for the Mac Mini MC238LL -

(a) the $578.99 price is close to their regular price (and tad higher than their original special) - so no special incentive there, and,

(b) as I am in Cal, I would end up paying $55 or so sales tax additionally.

b u y t h e d a m n t h i n g
  • Reply 43 of 49
    cimcim Posts: 197member
    The 8 GB iPod touch is essentially $164.99 at Amazon with the promotions.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Not rubbish- just made for small to average size hands- doesn't really work for me that well.

However, my Apple (nee Mighty) Mouse is close to being sent to the Land of the Misfit Toys- the bottom plastic ring fell off and hasn't scrolled well for a long time. It needs to be replaced and I'll probably buy the MM by itself as long as it's not packaged alongside a glossy screened iMac.

Oh, say it ain't so, you're buying more Mac stuff...
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

those taxes helped support out of work game writers and palm pre designers

Quote:

does a MBOP15 3.02GHz 7200rpm 500g run Crysis ??

i mean what does run Crysis besides a cray ?

That's my point, kind of... Crysis is f*ed. They coded the engine in a way that extremely overestimated the power of GPUs down the line. Many other game engines out there show some remarkable graphics without the insane demands of Cryengine... eg. Unreal, Dunia (Far Cry 2), Assassin's Creed, Modern Warfare/2, etc. etc.

The MacBook Pro's won't run Crysis at very high settings because it only has a 9600M GT. Which is another issue in PC game design, their GPU demands have been way too high. That's why console gaming continues to gain steam ahead of PC gaming due to a vast majority of PC gamers having to continually refresh (read: buy) their GPUs every year or year-and-a-half.

But that is a story for another time... er, I mean, thread.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by technohermit View Post

...It is entirely possible for her to use the iPod/Games functionality without a SIM right?

Yes. I am quite sure about this. I had an iPhone 3G locked to O2 in the UK that I carried around for many months using it as just a Touch while waiting for the Dev Team to release the jailbreak+unlock.

(You don't need to jailbreak/unlock the iPhone 3G/S to just use it as a Touch without a SIM*. Everything runs, it just says "No Sim" in the top corner, and you can't make calls, etc. of course...)

*You do need to activate the phone first using a SIM before you can use the iPhone 3G/S, AFAIK. Then you go through the iTunes set up, then you can remove the SIM and use it without the SIM.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Quote:

b u y t h e d a m n t h i n g

Actually, good suggestion! Thx!

(...bruce to bruce... )

It would get me back into the Mac scene at the lowest cost, seeing as how I've been using my ancient Sony Vaio minitower since my equally ancient iMac G5 expired hopelessly a while back.

Ahh -- the perils and excitement of living too low on the income spread.

(donations gratefully accepted... )
  • Reply 48 of 49
    crankycranky Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Still cheaper than Apple.

You will pay tax from them too unless you live in Oregon and the other state (forget) that does not have a sales tax.

You are 100% correct.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Still cheaper than Apple.

You will pay tax from them too unless you live in Oregon and the other state (forget) that does not have a sales tax.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cranky View Post

You are 100% correct.

Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon do not asses a sales tax. (as per web research)

More than I thought...