AT&T drops lawsuit against Verizon over advertising spat

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    I have a quick question regarding 3G coverage.

I understand 3G means better/faster internet/data service.

What does 3G have to do with phone call reliability? On an AT&T network, does Edge/2G+/3G connections all give you the same level of phone call quality or does 3G mean a better phone call/less dropping of phone calls?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daddybone View Post

What does 3G have to do with phone call reliability? On an AT&T network, does Edge/2G+/3G connections all give you the same level of phone call quality or does 3G mean a better phone call/less dropping of phone calls?

Generally speaking, everything should faster and better (voice) quality on 3G. Here is a list of some the major comparisons?
  • Reply 23 of 28
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Do not agree, I think all the carriers have learned from AT&T's situation with iPhone, that people are looking for smart devices that will allow them to undertaken a number of tasks on one simple electronic device.

If Verizon had been the 1st carrier for iPhone, I but the same would happen and all my US colleagues would be moaning about Verizon.

Unfortunately AT&T was not ready, but neither was other carriers and their have learned from AT&Ts mistakes.

I have to shake my head a bit everytime I see someone suggest that ATT's problems began with the unexpected popularity of the iPhone. My direct experience was that ATT's network was crap long before the iPhone was ever even announced. And the latest Consumer Reports survey showing ATT at/near the bottom is the same results their survey had the year before the iPhone was released.

Yes, anyone else's nework, including Verizon's, would have also struggled under the strain the iPhone put on their network. But given that Verizon had a better network before the iPhone was released, it's a fair bet that they would not have been hit as hard as ATT has been and would have been in a better position to respond to the demand than ATT has.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    sheffsheff Posts: 1,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

And there it is. I will pay the termination fee and jump ship from AT&T in a New York Minute when iPhone goes Verizon.

I am willing to bet serious coin that AT&T will lose 50% of their iPhone customers when this happens.

If this happens...

I doubt we will see verizon iPhone in at least 2 years, and by that time we might have ubuntu phone or something that will be way better and even more open (the rumor has it some one in google said that android is not the read android, or is way underpowered or something like that.)
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Generally speaking, everything should faster and better (voice) quality on 3G. Here is a list of some the major comparisons?

I think I started talking faster too, once I got my 3GS
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

it?s never too soon to lampoon someone. Once south park does it you?re in the clear? which means anywhere from 24 hours prior to a few months depending if the show is on hiatus or not.

How much would you pay for a 2100mhz tower? How about a 1900mhz or 1700mhz tower? What if i told you could have an 850mhz tower up in mere minutes for the price of 2100mhz tower, what you say?

lol....

PLUS, IF YOU ACT NOW, GET A FREE TOASTER AND WE'LL PAY THE SHIPPING!
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Good for you! We're impressed.

Now, go away.

Just stating my personal experience. Sorry if you're so challenged that you can't realize that there are indeed excellent alternatives to both AT&T and Apple. Remember it was Apple who went with AT&T in the end. So who's really to blame for tying the iPhone to a crappy network? Is it AT&T? Nope, Apple.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    The phone has a very smooth UI which is fun to use, but lacks some basic features that might be very important for some. For example, it doesn't have picture messaging which is very important for some people but not for others. There might be an application that someone will create to accomplish this, but you will likely have to pay for it.