Mac sales projected to grow 26% in 2010, outpacing PC market

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Someone should publish "The New Political Dictionary." It only has two words: "patriot", and "supersocialcommunisticislamofascistdocious."
  • Reply 22 of 34
    eehdeehd Posts: 137member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

As the most (in fact only) innovative, highest-value (hardware+software) and profitable PC vendor

Nice to see someone gets it.

This is why Apple grows and the PC market doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oGaZIKYvo

Oooops!
  • Reply 23 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yeah, I was kinda afraid it was something like that.

I don't want to change the thread topic, but it is a great curiosity to me how often this gambit is used these days. Instead of stating reasons why you don't like a thing, and justifying and maybe even having to defend those reasons, you can satisfy your emotional need to gripe by giving it an arbitrary label, and you're done.

"All human beings should try to learn before they die what they are running from, and to, and why."
  • Reply 24 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by debusoh View Post

Now if they would only offer the matte display on the 13" macbook pro, I could join the party and buy one!

The 15" is just too big for the amount of travelling I do with my laptop.

I have a 13" macbook pro, you get used to the darn shine. The display is bright enough to compensate for the glare. What I can't get use to is the size; it is difficult to work with two documents side by side. I miss my 15" macbook pro...it had a matte screen, but the display was not as bright.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I don't want to change the thread topic, but it is a great curiosity to me how often this gambit is used these days. Instead of stating reasons why you don't like a thing, and justifying and maybe even having to defend those reasons, you can satisfy your emotional need to gripe by giving it an arbitrary label, and you're done.

Oh, great! Supersocialcommunisticislamofascistdocious propaganda from Dr Millmoss!
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaelt View Post

Oh, great! Supersocialcommunisticislamofascistdocious propaganda from Dr Millmoss!

What else?
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eehd View Post

I have a 13" macbook pro, you get used to the darn shine. The display is bright enough to compensate for the glare. What I can't get use to is the size; it is difficult to work with two documents side by side. I miss my 15" macbook pro...it had a matte screen, but the display was not as bright.

I have seriously thought about the 15" version, but I spend a lot of time on commuter trains and don't think I will be able fully open the display without hitting the seat in front of me. I really want to start taking advantage of the 2 hours a day I spend on a train and being able to use the computer comfortably is key.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    Quote:

I have seriously thought about the 15" version, but I spend a lot of time on commuter trains and don't think I will be able fully open the display without hitting the seat in front of me. I really want to start taking advantage of the 2 hours a day I spend on a train and being able to use the computer comfortably is key.

I see your point; an inch can make a difference in the angle of the screen when you have limited space. What I would recommend is get the 13" macbook pro and get the 3M privacy filter (http://www.shop3m.com/98044045981.ht...acyFilters_POW). These filters have a glossy and a matte side. I had one for my 15" one, as I used to have a long train commute, too.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Quote:

I agree if over 50% of your time is 'carrying/using' your laptop the MB or MBP 13 is best. But if over 50% of the time it's on the desktop then the 15 is the way to go. The 17 is like carrying around your own tombstone!

If you have an iMac at work/home....I'd wait and get the MBA or the Tablet if it is close to a laptop's capabilities rather than just a big Touch.

I personally am going to get the next MBA iteration with hopefully a glass trackpad, some more memory and the Solid State HD (I think that's the right description of the HD)

My goal in 2010 is to upgrade to the 27 iMac, already have the 3Gs iPhone and then get the new MBA and probably the Tablet...why I don't know!

Best!
  • Reply 30 of 34
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eehd View Post

I've never used a display less than 20 inches on a daily basis since 1998 until I got my 15" MBP last year. I am planing on getting Apple's LED display late next year to go along with my next 15" MBP (hopefully a quad core by then).
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Everytime someone buys a Mac, Steve Jobs banks $340 in gross profit-per-unit. This is two to three times that of a Windows PC. In other words Jobs could sell his gizmos for a third of the price, but the fact he just convinces people to buy them at that price means he gets huge wodges of cash.

Cihra thinks that they will have to go a long way before they are anything like value for money. But people are still dumb enough to buy them anyway.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gescom View Post

Everytime someone buys a Mac, Steve Jobs banks $340 in gross profit-per-unit. This is two to three times that of a Windows PC. In other words Jobs could sell his gizmos for a third of the price, but the fact he just convinces people to buy them at that price means he gets huge wodges of cash.

Cihra thinks that they will have to go a long way before they are anything like value for money. But people are still dumb enough to buy them anyway.

exactly

hey dude

you failed to mention the 3,1 million victims forced at gun point to buy a mac last quarter/

SJ makes one dollar a yr

• Reply 33 of 34
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I agree if over 50% of your time is 'carrying/using' your laptop the MB or MBP 13 is best. But if over 50% of the time it's on the desktop then the 15 is the way to go. The 17 is like carrying around your own tombstone!

If you have an iMac at work/home....I'd wait and get the MBA or the Tablet if it is close to a laptop's capabilities rather than just a big Touch.

I personally am going to get the next MBA iteration with hopefully a glass trackpad, some more memory and the Solid State HD (I think that's the right description of the HD)

My goal in 2010 is to upgrade to the 27 iMac, already have the 3Gs iPhone and then get the new MBA and probably the Tablet...why I don't know!

Best!

i also commute ferry subway nyc

and THE 15in 2 chip setup made it a no brainer

for the games and so my mac won't be obsolete in 8 minutes

but if you don't need all that extra jazz then a 13 in if fine

peace 9
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Knowing the current situation of the stock market is crucial especially if you have stocks invested in it. It is better to be up to dated to the situations so that you could know the actions to be taken if some changes in the stock market occur as to secure your stocks to lose. Today, the stock market is unstable so we need to be vigilant to the current market conditions.