MacBook allegedly shot by Israeli security officers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Anyone claiming that shooting of her laptop was in any way justified is willfully ignoring the facts of the IDF's modus operandi. They shot her Macbook because they suspected that she was some peace activist there to expose them. Hopefully her hard drive has lots of pictures from inside the ghetto. If enough of the truth gets out Americans might start to wake up and clamor to defund the IDF's brutal occupation.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Despite it being a Mac involved I don't see why you post these stories. I wish you guys were more selective and not turn this site into a tabloid. I only say this because I like the site and am not to fond about the direction it's going, some of the time. You should cherish the fact that your users case enough to make these comments. It's an honest statement.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

When an American woman recently traveled to Jerusalem, she was allegedly questioned by border security guards about content on her MacBook. Lily Sussman said her computer was confiscated, and returned to her with three bullet holes in it.

She documented the experience and provided photos on her personal blog. Although the MacBook was completely destroyed, Sussman said she was able to remove her hard drive in-tact and retrieve all of her personal data.

She said she was provided with a form that included phone numbers and addresses of Israeli government officials that might help her get a replacement for her destroyed laptop. Officials she reached said she could expect compensation deliverable only to an Israeli bank account within a month.

The officer who did it works on MICROSOFT!