iPhone OS 4 Thread

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

i need it! \

Apple is known for proposing revolutionary solutions to routine use-cases. It's not impossible, that they'd reinvent what you do now to give room for some elegant genuinely mobile tool.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Apple is known for proposing revolutionary solutions to routine use-cases. It's not impossible, that they'd reinvent what you do now to give room for some elegant genuinely mobile tool.

What to reinvent?

You search for a term, Safari scrolls to it, and there is a button to find next matching term.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:

What to reinvent?

You search for a term, Safari scrolls to it, and there is a button to find next matching term.

That's how it works with huge desktop computer displays. But personally, I prefer mobile versions of web pages (or specialized applications) when browsing on iPhone. No big need to search anything.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

That's how it works with huge desktop computer displays. But personally, I prefer mobile versions of web pages (or specialized applications) when browsing on iPhone. No big need to search anything.

I always opt for the full version of a website. That's why I got an iPhone, it delivers the full web, and not some mini version of it.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

I always opt for the full version of a website. That's why I got an iPhone, it delivers the full web, and not some mini version of it.

OK, you should have got your reasons... And I repeat there's no mystery at all in assuming Apple may now be working on exactly that issue with missing on-page search (while I'm evaluating the probability of that as less that 50%).
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Even deeper Facebook integration, which I'm sure is a crapaud-conceptaud.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Safari needs to have pages load in tabs that are not the most forward one and also needs to have them not have to reload everytime you go back to that page from another tab.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    ...the ability to cope with multiple screen resolutions.

When I turned 45 - I started to go long-sighted. Which means the iPhone is already displaying more pixels my ageing eyes can cope with.

But if the 2010 iPhone stays at the current resolution, I suspect those "you-is-blind-old-man" young folk will complain. 480x320 won't cut it.

If Apple are going to offer a hardware upgrade in their displays. The 4.0 software will have to cope with both the newer and older screen resolutions. The possibility of a fancy-new tablet device (with a large screen, sharing the same display model) -may be another reason for resolution independence.

So OS 4.0 will have some resolution independent technology - and the SDK and emulator will allow multi-resolution previews.

C.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Contact shortcuts on home screen. Patent filed, the use-case is buzzing, the implementation feasible and quite probable.