Apple corporate laptop sales set to increase despite Windows 7 debut

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

You forgot the other Apple haters.

The garden-variety Microsoft users who are insanely jealous of those of us who purchased AAPL, whether it be March 2009, early 2005, or earlier. The ROI of AAPL has stomped MSFT over the past five years (trust me, I know -- I own both stocks).

Even worse, Microsoft fanboys are despondent in realizing that Steve Ballmer is a bull-headed visionless blatherer who talks the talk, but can't walk the walk. Don't get me wrong, Ballmer provided years of world-class servitude as Bill's hatchet man, but Steve has zero leadership ability himself.

Real Microsoft fanboys should be SCREAMING at the Microsoft Board of Directors to replace the CEO.

The Microsoft fanboys who complain about Apple are shortsighted. Microsoft's biggest challenges come from inside.

(Note: it's worth pointing out that Apple sales have traditionally seen a bump after recent Microsoft Windows debuts. Odd but true.)

nm, not worth it.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RBR View Post

You have a good arrangement (and relationship) with your vendor. That is much better than one business I know which took delivery on 300 new machines and their IT people had to do the work.

Dell will do a custom image if you are taking delivery of 300 machines at a time. Heck, even if they zing you for $5 a box it's still way worth it. I know HP will too, not sure about Acer. Dell was the first and most aggressive. Also some resellers such as CDW will do it for you too. Lots of options. If you aren't asking your suppliers, you should be!

I also agree Apple needs to beef up their enterprise group. They do have one - it's just not very spun up yet. I think with 10.6 we are going to see Apple start to focus on the Enterprise more. The AD and exchange integration with 10.6, along with the new version of Mac Office coming out are going to be huge.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    rbrrbr Posts: 631member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Dell will do a custom image if you are taking delivery of 300 machines at a time. Heck, even if they zing you for $5 a box it's still way worth it. I know HP will too, not sure about Acer. Dell was the first and most aggressive. Also some resellers such as CDW will do it for you too. Lots of options. If you aren't asking your suppliers, you should be!

I also agree Apple needs to beef up their enterprise group. They do have one - it's just not very spun up yet. I think with 10.6 we are going to see Apple start to focus on the Enterprise more. The AD and exchange integration with 10.6, along with the new version of Mac Office coming out are going to be huge.

If all they charge is $5 a box, that is a steal! You can't look at anything for $5 worth of time. (It also means that they are the lucky ones to discover the DOA boxes, not you.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

There is something fishy with your research.

1) There was no 13? MacBook Pro in 2007.

2) There wasn?t even a 13? aluminium unibody MacBook in 2007

3) Apple upgrades the HW in their machines about every 200 days.

4) Your comparing a notebook that is updated with faster and higher capacity components for essentially the same price with a monitor that has increased in size while still maintaining the same resolution which means it has LESS pixels-per-inch than the model from two years prior. That isn?t a bad thing but it?s not a herculean task of computing to make bigger pixels that cover more area, but in computing going smaller and denser is more difficult.

5) If we do use pricing from the aluminium MacBook from October 2008, it was $1,300 for the 2.0GHz model. Today, a 2.26GHz 13? MacBook Pro with a lot more stuff, including an IPS display, FW800 and many better and faster components, including a much longer battery is $100 cheaper. Going back to the 2007 MacBook we have a plastic shell that used a Merom CPU so you couldn?t even address 4GB RAM for the system and would have to spend at least $1,500, $300 more than the current 13? MBP, to get an inferior product in every major category.

i stand corrected
  • Reply 65 of 65
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    A large company can install 3000 MB white plastic for about $999 fully loaded and ready to go.

IT would have far more computing power than most people would ever need .

>>>all in all apple is faster

>cheaper to run

> cheaper to own <<no virus $>

>hold very high legacy value for resale or school donate

> uniform in design

>FILEMAKER PRO sw

> green

> secure

>run win 7 better on a mac than anyone else

>ease of use across the board

> over all high level of company pride > work flows smoother company seems to care blah blah

sadly apple is blind at times

apple never saw the gaming hoard ready for ipodtouch

apple never respected large concerns >>even some ibm and msft offices run on macs . >>

go apple