Apple believed to have sold over 11 million iPhones this quarter

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

bill of rights all the way !!!!

The bill of rights doesn't cover how a private individual (or organization) regulates how others use their resources, such as a privately owned server and legitimately purchased bandwidth. However, we tend to have a fair amount of lenience over what people post, provided it's not spam, overly profane or too disorderly.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

The bill of rights doesn't cover how a private individual (or organization) regulates how others use their resources, such as a privately owned server and legitimately purchased bandwidth. However, we tend to have a fair amount of lenience over what people post, provided it's not spam, overly profane or too disorderly.

free speech is very alive on this site

free speech is not free

attached is respect for your fellow man and consideration for others feelings

so jeff ,,,some one got upset about his speech or post being edited ..

its his RIGHT to get upset .

its your JOB do make sure that this site flows smoothly and fairly and

i feel you simply did your JOB

./ and i feel you have a light touch when it comes to posts here .

many mods i know get overly oppressive . AI is lucky to have you

happy new year

dude

peace

• Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Well there you go then!

The last AppleInsider article was about AT&T not selling iPhones online in NY/NJ area.

I reasoned it was because AT&T couldn't handle the NY/NJ holiday iPhone customer traffic and Apple wanted those people in THEIR stores and their web site to buy other things.

So in order to 'share the load' a excuse is made up to direct customers to Apple's stores or their web page instead, this time it's a "fraud problem", like AT&T really has a problem with that having sold millions of phones over the years and seen every sort of scam possible, then restricting the sale of only one product to only to one certain highly population dense geographical area during a peak buying season. Duh!

So this confirms my reasoning. It's not the first time AT&T has somehow used a excuse to lighten traffic to it's stores or websites concerning the iPhone.

Really deep down inside, AT&T considers the iPhone "just another phone" like all the others they sell and they rather not have foaming at the mouth Apple types in their stores.

Also Apple needs to split the stock again, the recession isn't denting it one bit.

You can buy an iPhone direct from the ATT website in NY. They even have Refurbs.