Apple to buy mobile ad company Quattro Wireless - report

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AjitMD View Post

You got that right MacT! Eric was like the Google Tojan Horse. Making Google and their Maps the default app for the iPhone was similar. I am just surprised SJ allowed that to happen, considering how security conscious he and Apple are. So was Troy with its fortress until they got suckered.

Google is nothing but a freeloader (aka parasite!)... produces no content, but is a parasite that exploits others content.

edottr
  • Reply 42 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Speaking of monopolies, do you want to download Google Chrome, an amazing fast new browser!!!

If you missed that the first time I'll make it bigger!

Do you want to download Google Chrome, an amazing fast new browser!!!

This comment is sponsored and tracked by the Google Gods.

google bots
  • Reply 43 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

Its funny that microsoft did not buy this company. They kinda needed it seeing as they are in the search business and all. Apple does not search and niether does it display any ads anywhere (not even on their Comps, hint hint Made for Windows 7 logos) . Ultimately, unless apple plans to do search, it will be hard for them to match their efforts against Google.

Maybe they'll team up with Bing to create the iBing, but honestly this is more of a defensive move then any challenge to Google. Android on the other hand...

True, but I suspect that the monopoly law suits would fly if Microsoft made such a move. They may get some slack now with Google ever edging them out of the crosshairs of the FCC but they still have a long way to go before the EU forgets about their atrocities.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by success View Post

Thanks but I've seen these small banner ads in some free apps. How are they placed in the apps? Are these fixed or rotating banners? EDIT: Actually they're rotating because I've seen them rotate....so is there a designated x/y area that receives the banners? This is a fixed size? Who puts the ad code in the app? How is the ad tracked? How much do they have to pay Admob or Quattro?

click on the small round circle on any ad and you will be asked if you want to place an ad .

at that time engage them in a live chat AND ASK away and they will inform you .

the more you know the higher chance you may place an ad

spend 20 bucks and find out what a success ad would look like

its so cool

peace