Palm announces Pre Plus, Pixi Plus exclusively for Verizon

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

Well at least Pre and Pixi are prettier than Android. Not sure about that Flash though, might have to wait how many people will complain about battery drainage.

Please, this is a "nice" reason not to have flash. The biggest reason for Apple is platform control. Notice how no other 3rd party dev platforms are available for the iphone.

Look, Flash video is expendable, but not the old animation stuff like homestarrunner.com.

I find it rather unusual for this mifi stuff, as Verizon would charge extra for that. Either that, or it's there way of really saying "You see, our network is the best!"
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Apple should leave it up to the user to determine how much battery life we want. Whether it be flash or multitaksing, it's my phone and it should be my choice. Other than that....Palm/Android who?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Does anyone know if Palm is actively refusing to be bought, or are Microsoft and Nokia just that stupid?

Palm actively courted Nokia around two years ago. Obviously Nokia didn't bite.

I also don't see the value of Palm to either company. Nokia might get a small boost in US sales but where would WebOS fit into their overall strategy. Again, Microsoft might gain some marketshare but look what happened when they bought Danger. Integrating medium-sized acquisitions into an existing strategy isn't easy.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    ifailifail Posts: 463member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Palm actively courted Nokia around two years ago. Obviously Nokia didn't bite.

I also don't see the value of Palm to either company. Nokia might get a small boost in US sales but where would WebOS fit into their overall strategy. Again, Microsoft might gain some marketshare but look what happened when they bought Danger. Integrating medium-sized acquisitions into an existing strategy isn't easy.

Well if you were buying Palm, it would most likely be for WebOS. That doesnt really fit either company, especially when both are trying to rejuvenate their platform with a new OS. Nokia would have been a better prospect than Microsoft.

God forbid that Palm gets really bad (i really hope they make a full scale comeback) i think the best person to buy Palm isnt Microsoft or Nokia or RIM, but HTC.

HTC would absolutely devastate Android AND Windows, one of their chief hardware makers gone and against them.

If Google was smart, they'd snap up one of these ailing companies like Motorola or Sony Ericsson or have them become the sole supplier for their software and then model themselves after RIM Apple and Palm.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    The Pixi is a much much much more better phone than the Pre.

If i were to choose another phone, other than the iPhone, i'd have to with the Pixi. Hands down!

It's UI is really really clean! the multi-touch is as sensitive, and accurate as the iPhone's. When you pinch and zoom the photos on the Pixi, it won't think twice at you wanna do. It'll automatically go. This phone is really awesome. If you were to go on crappy Verizon, and were to choose a phone, i'd highly recommend the Pixi. Get it! please.

When the commercials say the Pixi is "fun" it actually is.

It's even better than the Androids. Atleast try it out at a Sprint store or something.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Booga View Post

Palm is a public company listed on NASDAQ, currently valued at $1.85B and subject to the will of their shareholders. Anyone with an extra $2B lying around should be able to buy them easily, considering their valuation has gone as low as $500M in the last year.

Palm also has about $400 million in debt and has been losing money for the last 2 years. Potential bidders are also taking this into consideration.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Now I want one. Basically all complaints I had about the Pixi are gone.