Kodak lawsuit accuses Apple of infringing digital imaging patents

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

Do you have any data relating to what Apple was unfairly charged in relation to what other companies were charged?

Read my post again. I didn't say Apple was charged more or less than anyone else. I said that Apple would probably have paid whatever Nokia asked for if the agreement didn't involve Nokia getting access to Apple IP. This is what Apple said in their countersuit and I said that when Nokia first sued Apple. In my opinion, Kodak case is probably similar.
  • Reply 62 of 70
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:

I said that Apple would probably have paid whatever Nokia asked for if the agreement didn't involve Nokia getting access to Apple IP. This is what Apple said in their countersuit and I said that when Nokia first sued Apple.

I've heard a lot of people predict that is the root of the issue but I wasn't aware that Apple had said so themselves.

Where in the countersuit do Apple say this? Would you mind posting a link?
  • Reply 63 of 70
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I've heard a lot of people predict that is the root of the issue but I wasn't aware that Apple had said so themselves.

Where in the countersuit do Apple say this? Would you mind posting a link?

Reading the the actual articles before reading the thread is more useful. I remember reading this few weeks back and took me 30 seconds to find it

Quote:

"In dealing with Apple, Nokia has sought to gain an unjust competitive advantage over Apple by charging unwarranted fees to use patents that allegedly cover industry compatibility standards and by seeking to obtain access to Apple's intellectual property," the suit reads. "Nokia needs access to Apple's intellectual property because Nokia has copied and is now using that patented technology."

The original article.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Take off your Apple shades and have a look around, there is a lot more to the world than them.

Your trolling doesn't quite answer my question.
  • Reply 65 of 70
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Your trolling doesn't quite answer my question.

Well if you are read you would notice you are on a thread regarding Kodak suing Apple. Now, you might find this hard to believe, but companies just don't go around suing each other for the fun of it, it is a very expensive habit, so they must be pretty confident (and the fact that everyone else is paying them) that Apple is infact stealing their technologies.

But of course, you will never accept this, so I don't know why I bother.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Well if you are read you would notice you are on a thread regarding Kodak suing Apple. Now, you might find this hard to believe, but companies just don't go around suing each other for the fun of it, it is a very expensive habit, so they must be pretty confident (and the fact that everyone else is paying them) that Apple is infact stealing their technologies.

But of course, you will never accept this, so I don't know why I bother.

Jfanning logic: "Company A sues Company B, since this costs money Company A must be in the right and Company B should just go ahead and pay Company A.? You never cease to amaze me. How many citations do you need of plaintiffs losing before you retract your statement? Oh yeah, you?re a master ba-ba-ba-backtracker. Perhaps you might like to wait until there is some proof before crying fowl.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

The original article.

Thanks.
  • Reply 68 of 70
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Jfanning logic: "Company A sues Company B, since this costs money Company A must be in the right and Company B should just go ahead and pay Company A.” You never cease to amaze me. How many citations do you need of plaintiffs losing before you retract your statement? Oh yeah, you’re a master ba-ba-ba-backtracker. Perhaps you might like to wait until there is some proof before crying fowl.

solipsism logic: I don't care what the topic, I will just butt in and put my 2 cents in, even when I don't understand something.

Me backtracker? That is a laugh, especially with your history of walking away from discussions when you are proved wrong over and over again. As a Apple shareholder, your viewpoint into this topic is biased, and of no value at all.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 is now available for download which can jailbreak iphone 2G, 3G and iPhone 3GS (old bootrom only) on iPhone OS 3.1.3. We have already published a detailed guide on how to jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze and unlock using ultrasn0w. Ultrasn0w unlock is for iPhones with baseband 04.26.08 baseband. If you are on 05.11.07 baseband, then you may use Geohot?s blacksn0w unlock which was released last year with blackra1n.

Follow the simple step by step guide below to unlock your iphone 3G and iPhone 3GS (old bootrom only) on iPhone OS 3.1.3 using blacksn0w.

How to: Jailbreak iPhone on 3.1.3:

Step 1: jailbreak your iPhone 3G or 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 on

How to: Unlock iPhone 3G/3G (old bootrom) on 3.1.3:

Step 2: Once you are done with the jailbreak, you can now unlock your iPhone running jailbroken firmware 3.1.3 by using blacksn0w from Cydia. To do this:
  • Reply 70 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fraklinc View Post

I really don't understand how people and companies can hold patents on ideas that they can't make it work, to me if you can't make it work you haven't invented nothing and I think it should be that way.

I also think so.