Apple posts QuickTime video of CEO Steve Jobs' 'iPad' keynote

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

The younger generation has probably no solid experience of pen and paper. So for many kids and teenagers, wow, this would be "My First Laptop". The Gateway Drug to a MacBook/Pro... and then some. Me I would sit with it hopefully with Wired or MacFormat (the print version as eBook, not the websites) and a little notepad.

This is a gateway product for "Macs" using OS XI.

I really think the paradigms Apple are evolving in iPhone OS will be OS XI.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justin85 View Post

Anyone have a direct link for an actual file? I can't get the stream to work on my iPhone or my PC at work.

alternatively... copy the link to your Download Manager, its nothing but a .mov file...
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:

did the g4 cube sell 10 million units? That's what i'm forecasting for ipad sales in 2010.

+1
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TEKSTUD View Post

What do you beg Apple for?

to remain Apple and not turn into pineApple coz someone felt that their market was not good.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

Right, like an upscale Sharper Image purchase- a luxury item not a necessity .

1.) Too large and shiny to whip out like an iPhone on the street, especially in an urban setting be it street or subway.

2.) NOt a good eating companion like an iPhone which can easily sit right next to you or operate with one hand. A real magazine is better even.

As a mobile device - I don't see the practicality.

As a computer it only runs Apples Safari, no flash, no Office etc, etc.

So more a gadgety mobile device/toy thingy, yes.

TEKSTUD! You're BACK! Can't keep a good troll down, eh?
  • Reply 26 of 30
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

Right, like an upscale Sharper Image purchase- a luxury item not a necessity .

1.) Too large and shiny to whip out like an iPhone on the street, especially in an urban setting be it street or subway.

2.) NOt a good eating companion like an iPhone which can easily sit right next to you or operate with one hand. A real magazine is better even.

As a mobile device - I don't see the practicality.

As a computer it only runs Apples Safari, no flash, no Office etc, etc.

So more a gadgety mobile device/toy thingy, yes.

True, Apple doesn't give a flying f*** if anybody or everybody thinks its a toy. As long as it gets into as many hands as possible. Call it whatever you want.

It may be too shiny for a subway, but you can bet across many countries this is going to be "the" thing to whip out at a Café...
  • Reply 27 of 30
    mintmint Posts: 17member
    00:29:34 - "So that's a little bit of the overview of the iPods hardware

Who was saying nobody will get the names mixed up?
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

Yeah, but he was a little too calm, maybe. Especially during the keynote when he was showing how Awesome Safari is on the iPad, and there were the missing plugin squares quite visible. In the past no way he would have done that.

Is it just me or is everybody not freaked out that APPLE MADE THEIR OWN FRICKIN' CPU!!! Take that, Intel! No Atom For Apple.

Thats because Intel didn't have an Atom with a processor speed that slow......
  • Reply 29 of 30
    The people who are naysaying about the iPad are the very ones who don't understand it and therefore aren't the ones that need it. If you need a tablet everything in this video makes sense to you. EVERYTHING. You get why Apple designed it the way they did. You get why Apple left out what they did. You get why the applications run the way they do.

I can assure you that I fit EXACTLY into the target market for this device based on my usage of my iPhone.

The coolest thing for me was the iWork demonstration. It works exactly like I thought it would only better and that signed and sealed the device for me.

Now if they can make Bento for the iPad a stunner then my needs have been filled.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I thought it was a nifty demonstration. I want to see how the product shakes out, but it looks pretty interesting. Most of my notebook use is while sitting in the recliner watching movies and DVDs on my TV, and this could fit that role very well, depending on the software.

One thing I don't like about the accelerometer enabled games is that the display is attached to the control, tilt the unit, the display tilts. It would be nice if the game would compensate for this, so the horizon in the game matches the real horizon.