2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Self Delete
  • Reply 22 of 34
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

The older generation has a lot more experience with the bad things people can do, especially with technology like this and choose not to participate.

I probably should have said *some* older generation users, being as I am ancient myself.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Well, playboys... Loving calling home from bars/dens/"whatever"?

Imagine now there's a hospital just in front of that paradise of yours but no satellite GPS signal, just cellular triangulation!

Honey-tscmoney...

Please don't do stand up. To date, nothing you've said has been funny.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    "This will help friends find each other when their lost????" I wish companies would grow a set and come out and acknowledge the real reason how this feature will be used..... To locate spouses, significant others, etc...including kids. For every friend that is 'lost', I bet there is 50 suspecting spouses trying to locate the other.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    No Thanx, I already got an electronic bracelet ....
  • Reply 26 of 34
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by will535 View Post

"This will help friends find each other when their lost????" I wish companies would grow a set and come out and acknowledge the real reason how this feature will be used..... To locate spouses, significant others, etc...including kids. For every friend that is 'lost', I bet there is 50 suspecting spouses trying to locate the other.

How would that even work? You?d call them, ask the person to send their location, and they?d agree to do so or they wouldn?t. May as well just ask them verbally where they are I guess it?s a way to ask for proof if you don?t trust the person at all. But they don?t HAVE to press the button just because you ask them to.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

How would that even work? You?d call them, ask the person to send their location, and they?d agree to do so or they wouldn?t. May as well just ask them verbally where they are I guess it?s a way to ask for proof if you don?t trust the person at all. But they don?t HAVE to press the button just because you ask them to.

Your obviously not married.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    eehdeehd Posts: 137member
    To quote apple, "there's an App for that." I remember I had one that allowed you to share your location with friends whenever they asked you.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    auclaucl Posts: 19member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Self Delete

[self release]; // would maybe even work
  • Reply 30 of 34
    This adds to a list of reasons for ppl to JB their iPhones now. Cuz ppl will want to install apps that will fake the GPS location.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

The biggest problem with location software is that it *hasn't* opened up yet because of the obsessive security fears of older generation users that don't understand how this sort of thing works.

What you meant to type was "the obsessive security fears of older generation users *because*they*actually*do* understand how this sort of thing works."

There, I fixed it for you. ;-)
  • Reply 32 of 34
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Now all we need is an App that fakes your location...

..."Of course I'm at the office, see."
  • Reply 33 of 34
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sapporobabyrtrns View Post

Please don't do stand up. To date, nothing you've said has been funny.

Anytime, Madame.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

Anytime, Madame.

Pathetic but typical....