Google stands by Apple as a 'valuable partner'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I think this is a precursor to them breaking up.

Kinda like a football coach getting a "vote of confidence" just before they fire him.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    I hope they can play nice, it would give Microsoft too much satisfaction to see Apple and Google go to war with each other.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    pmcdpmcd Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RussellSakay View Post

Microsoft Bing is just another Hotbot. Microsoft is dying and their failure is competing in a Google Market. This is why the search selections on most all browsers are Google, and Yahoo. Microsoft has stretched themselves too thin with their hand in so many different products, each and everyone of them with a better choice as competition.

Bing vs Google

Xbox vs PS3

Windows vs OS X

etc

They are losing the battle.

I wouldn't count Microsoft out. They have a lot of very talented people working for them. To claim they are dying is absurd.

philip
  • Reply 24 of 30
    A Valuable partner?

Every mobile phone purchased using Android is a loss of iPhone sale to Apple

Every purchase of a computer running Chrome OS will be a loss of sale to Apple

Every User of the Google Netbook will be a loss of (iPad) sale to Apple

Certainly we can see how Google has developed while Schmidt was on the Apple board and from Google's POV Apple is indeed a very valuable partner in a Copy & Paste sense. But how is Google a valuable partner to Apple? What does Apple get from Google - the Google iApps?

Interesting times.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

I wouldn't count Microsoft out. They have a lot of very talented people working for them. To claim they are dying is absurd.

philip

as much as i hate msft they have fine products .xbox and halo cod4 are top of the line for any gamer and the zune rocks !!!<<i cant beleive i said that >>

and msft does not stab apple in the back .apple msft do billions a yr soft cross biz

90 percent of all itunes users are on msft machines

so apples main profit from pods come from msft world

google is a sneaky brash untested wrong headed one trick pony .

turn the ad dollars spigot off and goog plunges over night

attack msft with 3 great msft killer products and msft blinks

i vote msft in this war ,they are an enemy we at least know

f google
  • Reply 26 of 30
    igeniusigenius Posts: 1,240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pembroke View Post

Every mobile phone purchased using Android is a loss of iPhone sale to Apple

Every purchase of a computer running Chrome OS will be a loss of sale to Apple

Every User of the Google Netbook will be a loss of (iPad) sale to Apple

Wow. This is one myopic viewpoint. You assume that if not for the sale to a competitor, Apple would have made a sale.

Given the tiny sliver of marketshare that Apple enjoys, the assumption is wrong 9 out of 10 times on the desktop, and 3 out of 4 times (best case) in the mobile world.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Wow. This is one myopic viewpoint. You assume that if not for the sale to a competitor, Apple would have made a sale.

Given the tiny sliver of marketshare that Apple enjoys, the assumption is wrong 9 out of 10 times on the desktop, and 3 out of 4 times (best case) in the mobile world.

I agree. A lot of the people that buy Android appear to be the anybody-but-Apple crowd, so it's silly to assume that 10 androids sold means 10 iPhones not sold. I think it's well under half that.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I agree. A lot of the people that buy Android appear to be the anybody-but-Apple crowd, so it's silly to assume that 10 androids sold means 10 iPhones not sold. I think it's well under half that.

I suspect that you are right that a lot of android users would be loathe to get an iPhone. However, my decision to get an android phone was driven from my distaste for AT&T

Than from Apple. I love my macbook, I love my iPod, I thought my iPod touch was wonderful, but AT&T wireless doesn't work well where I live, and T-Mobile does. That pretty much drove my decision. At the same time I like my Nexus One at this point.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    I don't think Google had a choice. I doubt Apple was willing to let them dictate the mobile browser experience which they are intent on dominating to maximize mobile ad revenue in the future. This is what has propelled them to release the Chrome browser. From there it's a hop, skip and jump to a mobile OS.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    I wish Apple partners with MS.

Steve Jobs needs to teach these Google guys a lesson.