Adobe exec defends Flash, says Mac improvements are coming

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iBill View Post

Maybe you're right, but maybe not.

I believe Apple is trying to kill Flash, at least to the extent that it is any kind of internet standard. I believe they will succeed. They are already selling millions of mobile internet devices every quarter that don't support Flash. That number is going to increase, substantially I believe, when iPad ships. The tide is turning, and not in Adobe's favor.

No way. More like TV is dead I mean geesh, no dvr on Apple Tv shows you they want you to buy what is free. That's why the tv folk said "NO WAY" to Jobs $30 a month business model. Until something that's high end in term of HD and streams small file sizes, flash isn't gong away anytime soon. I'm surprised you said that about the ipad when most predict it won't do so well. Time will tell.
  • Reply 202 of 205
    Again, we have flash on a lot if mac os versions, it just works.

Example, look at the latest Apple Keynote, it took some people almost a week before it could stream, meanwhile, ABC has millions viewing Lost, the final season the very next day. Their had to be millions more watching lost via flash, yet Apple can't stream a keynote for nearly a week due to a few million, if that, an HD wast offered for a week.

Peole are looking at this all wrong. Apple wants to sell you what should be free TV content yet not only does flash not exist on the iPhone, which I still love, but Apple TV has no DVR, it's all about iTunes and money for nothing.
  • Reply 203 of 205
    dluxdlux Posts: 666member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Avidfcp View Post

Again, we have flash on a lot if mac os versions, it just works.

If that were the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Quote:

Example, look at the latest Apple Keynote, it took some people almost a week before it could stream, meanwhile, ABC has millions viewing Lost, the final season the very next day. Their had to be millions more watching lost via flash, yet Apple can't stream a keynote for nearly a week due to a few million, if that, an HD wast offered for a week.

You DO understand that Lost was produced weeks in advance of its airing, while the Apple Keynote was live and had to be edited immediately afterwards? I watched it later the same day. In HD.
  • Reply 204 of 205
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

Is there anything unusual about your Macs? Are they configured in some specific manner? Do you have some sort of extra software on them?

From what I have seen, most folks have horrible problems with their Macs if they try to surf the 'web.

OMG I've been surfing the web with Macs for 15 years, and I missed this? Must be my extra software. Oh yeah, I've still got RAM Doubler running; that must be it.

Seriously, your concept of platform superiority is built upon the existence of a poorly-written plugin?

No, of course not. You're here to pee in our Rice Krispies.
  • Reply 205 of 205
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    I use a PC desktop most of the time so I'm curious how much CPU Flash ties up on a modern Mac. (I have a Macbook too, but it's ancient) On my PC, which is old and pretty out of date (2.6ghz Core 2 Quad) I checked CPU usage in Chrome when watching a 1080p flash video on Youtube. It maxed out at 30%, but was mostly around 20%. Watching a regular 480p YouTube video CPU usage is 5%.

I guess that's why most people don't have quite the hatred Steve Jobs and Mac fans have for Flash. I'm not saying this to be antagonistic, just stating a fact - Flash is a non issue on Windows.