First AT&T phone with Google Android will feature Yahoo search

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    os2babaos2baba Posts: 262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kozchris View Post

The important question will be how many people choose an Android phone over the iPhone when they are on the same provider. I also wonder if tethering will be allowed on the Android while still being denied for the rest of us iPhone users by AT&T.

With the Android phones that AT&T is offering currently, it's pretty obviously going to be the iPhone. They somehow managed to pick up the worst new Android device on the market. Lame hardware and old OS. They don't have a single Google Experience phone in the immediate pipeline. When they could have chosen from the HTC Desire, the HTC Legend, the SE Xperia, Moto Milestone, Nexus One etc. they went with the Backflip. I can't see the value of going with Yahoo Search. But it's good to have the choice (if one can get Google Search).
  • Reply 22 of 26
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGenius View Post

iPhone users Are data hogs.

maybe you should add "Some" at the beginning of your sentence.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

Great now I will start seeing "make (insert search provider here) your default search engine" on mobile phones. It's annoying enough on desktop.

I hope that will not be the case. BTW, I think this never happened to me on my mac. Was I just lucky or is this a general thing ?
  • Reply 24 of 26
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Wow, are you guys for real? I love yahoo but their search engine sucks. Anyone who does a search on their phone using yahoo will notice that immediately and switch to Google.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    igeniusigenius Posts: 1,240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shubidua View Post

maybe you should add "Some" at the beginning of your sentence.

How about "on average"...
  • Reply 26 of 26
    srangersranger Posts: 473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by os2baba View Post

With the Android phones that AT&T is offering currently, it's pretty obviously going to be the iPhone. They somehow managed to pick up the worst new Android device on the market. Lame hardware and old OS. They don't have a single Google Experience phone in the immediate pipeline. When they could have chosen from the HTC Desire, the HTC Legend, the SE Xperia, Moto Milestone, Nexus One etc. they went with the Backflip. I can't see the value of going with Yahoo Search. But it's good to have the choice (if one can get Google Search).

I agree, the Backflip is one of the worst Android phones on the market. In my opinion ( I said opinion) AT&T selected it to fail so as not to piss off Apple....

I do wonder is Apple is going to sue Motorola... I suspect that is a hornet's nest they do not want to hit...