Apple posts surprise ad for iPad during the Oscars

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Which one? Where?

Adobe still hasn't made a 64-bit version of Flash for Mac OS X.?

Most Mac in use today are not running Snow Leopard and some don't even have core duo. Very few third party applications are 64 bit yet outside of some utility apps and Apple base applications. So the word "Still" is a little misleading in my opinion. Besides, 64 bit applications perform only marginally better than the 32 bit versions. The main advantage of 64 bit is the ability to address more memory which typical mac owners probably don't have an abundance of in the first place.
  • Reply 62 of 73
    hezekiahbhezekiahb Posts: 448member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SierraRomeo View Post

On the high quality video @ apple.com, look around second 4, in the middle of the top bezel.

We very clearly see a spot.

Can it be a camera ?

Some may think it is an ambient light sensor, but given the position in the exact center, i highly doubt it...

Let the mayem begin

Mac.

--

Help make the internet better, faster, broader and slave free :

Join YouTube's HTML5 beta (youtube.com/html5) and on vimeo click the "Switch to HTML5 player" link below any video.

I think you must have dirt on your screen cause I see nothing. How about a screenshot for those of us who can't seem to find it.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

That may not be comfortable, but it is definitely a position one could never even begin to attempt with a laptop, comfortable or not.

Nor should they. Their gonads will get roasted.
  • Reply 64 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hezekiahb View Post

I think you must have dirt on your screen cause I see nothing. How about a screenshot for those of us who can't seem to find it.

I clearly see it also. Look at second 4 in the exact middle of the bezel. There is clearly something there and it appears to be were the camera hole in the frame was spotted.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/gallery/#hardware06
  • Reply 65 of 73
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alectheking View Post

I clearly see it also. Look at second 4 in the exact middle of the bezel. There is clearly something there and it appears to be were the camera hole in the frame was spotted.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/gallery/#hardware06

I'd say the ambient light sensor could be hidden behind the glass, but what needs to be exposed is a mic for dictation. Since you're more likely to be watching a video in landscape mode putting it on the top of the portrait mode seem to be the best placement for it. Since there is apparently a space for a camera in some mock ups why not use that space for the mic until you can place both a camera and mic there Plus, the spec in the image is much too small for it to be a camera.
  • Reply 66 of 73
    An short, interesting deconstruction of the ad today by Nick Summers at Newsweek.
  • Reply 67 of 73
    bigdaddypbigdaddyp Posts: 811member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bwik View Post

Nor should they. Their gonads will get roasted.

Especially if was tethered and they were watching a flash video.
  • Reply 68 of 73
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

An short, interesting deconstruction of the ad today by Nick Summers at Newsweek.

If you must pick the ad apart, this analysis is quite sensible. For Apple, the home is a great place to start marketing any product, but as the iPad picks up momentum I'd expect the ads to start showing it in other settings.
  • Reply 69 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

If you must pick the ad apart, this analysis is quite sensible. For Apple, the home is a great place to start marketing any product, but as the iPad picks up momentum I'd expect the ads to start showing it in other settings.

I agree.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    WOW, WHAT A BIG SURPRISE!

IT'S AMAZING HOW INNOVATIVE APPLE IS.

RUNNING AN iPAD ADVERTISEMENT AT THE OSCARS A FEW WEEKS BEFORE IT BECOMES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.

WHAT'S NEXT? AD'S DURING THE SUPER BOWL? A WEBSITE TO SELL AND ADVERTISE THEIR PRODUCTS TO PEOPLE WHO "SURF" THE "WEB"?

Thank-you, AI, for stabbing me in the brain with this incredible news!
  • Reply 71 of 73
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Superbass View Post

WOW, WHAT A BIG SURPRISE!

IT'S AMAZING HOW INNOVATIVE APPLE IS.

RUNNING AN iPAD ADVERTISEMENT AT THE OSCARS A FEW WEEKS BEFORE IT BECOMES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.

WHAT'S NEXT? AD'S DURING THE SUPER BOWL? A WEBSITE TO SELL AND ADVERTISE THEIR PRODUCTS TO PEOPLE WHO "SURF" THE "WEB"?

Thank-you, AI, for stabbing me in the brain with this incredible news!

Having a bad week?
  • Reply 72 of 73
    Apple captured the attention of movie buffs and the entire film industry by publishing a new teaser commercial for the iPad during the Academy Awards presentation Sunday evening.The new 30 second spot, backed by The Blue Van?s catchy tune ?There Goes My Love,? races through a variety of iPad features.It quickly demonstrates browsing through photo albums with finger gestures, then shows how to download ebooks from the new iBook Store and using the new full screen versions of Mobile Safari and Apple?s Maps application based on Google?s Map servic
  • Reply 73 of 73
    moonraymoonray Posts: 4member
    I guess most of you have an iPhone (or maybe an BB/Android...) so I'm very interested in your experience as I'm conducting a research on mobile ads as part of a Master in marketing.

Participate here: http://bit.ly/a0NFvM (Google Docs questionnaire).

There are only 12 basic questions, and a nice summary of the responses!

Thanks for your time!