Apple iPhone targeted in patent lawsuit over sync, Bluetooth

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Apple stole technology from other companies who spent millions of dollars on research and development. Apple used that technology without permission and profited from it. Apple deserves to burn for this.

Oh wait. The shoe is on the other foot. Nevermind what I wrote above.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,646member
    Apple's bluetooth implementation on the iPhone is damn worthless. Did someone patent that?
  • Reply 43 of 47
    freddychfreddych Posts: 266member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BAW View Post

The most hilarious thing about these lawsuits is always the phrase "Eastern District of Texas." Gee, I thought the legal system was supposed to be impartial and all, but obviously companies know where to file their lawsuits to get a favorable result. Frontier justice, where no doubt wheels are being greased behind the scenes for just the right outcome. Since this is a U.S. District Court, why is there not an ongoing federal investigation into their reputation for favoring certain companies even before evidence is heard? A court should not have a reputation for favoring one side or the other. I know, I know, incredible naivete on my part! :-)

The Eastern District of Texas is favored because the juries give large verdicts. It has nothing to do with the bias of the court.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

There are two issues, only 25% of Texans wanted to secede, and I don't think there is a legal mechanism to allow secession or expulsion, short of a constitutional amendment.

The terms of Texas' statehood is such that it may at anytime choose to secede from the United States at any time under it's own volition. No constitutional amendment required for Texas to secede. Texas is the only state that has this freedom.

-david
  • Reply 45 of 47
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post

The terms of Texas' statehood is such that it may at anytime choose to secede from the United States at any time under it's own volition. No constitutional amendment required for Texas to secede. Texas is the only state that has this freedom.

Thanks, I didn't realize there was an exception.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    srangersranger Posts: 473member
    These claims are a stupid as the ones Apple made against HTC....

Both should be thrown out, but as the old saying goes...

"It is a court of law, justice has nothing to do with it."
  • Reply 47 of 47
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sranger View Post

These claims are a stupid as the ones Apple made against HTC....

Both should be thrown out, but as the old saying goes...

"It is a court of law, justice has nothing to do with it."

No, you have it all wrong. Apple never does anything wrong and it uses the patent system honestly and fairly. Everyone else is corrupt and evil and tries to steal Apple's technology.

At least according to the forums here.