Apple sees 98% iPhone growth as Microsoft, Google prepare for battle

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

I think IT loves MS because IT is MS's primary customer, and so MS treats IT much better than they treat you and me. Seems to me that it breaks down like this -- Google's primary customer is advertisers (with Google, you and I are not the customer -- we're the product). Microsoft has two main clients: OEMs and corporate IT. Apple has one client: consumers (aka, "end-users").

So you see, MS only needs to make a product that is just good enough for consumers to be willing to accept it for free (because their company provides it to them). Google has to make a product just barely good enough for consumers to accept it for free (because advertisers pay for it). Only Apple has to make a product good enough that people would actually buy it with their own money.

So if WinMo7 is good enough that end-users will tolerate it if they don't have to pay for it, then MS has crossed the bar with end-users. At that point, all they have to do is convince IT to spring for it, and that won't take much.

Google's problem is that phones aren't free. Either the consumer or an employer is going to have to pay for it. But Google isn't really targeting either one -- Google is focused on advertisers. I think that means that ultimately neither corporate IT nor consumers will be happy with Google phones.

Simple math: Apple hardware is no different than Dell hardware. The motherboards are probably made in the same Chinese factory. Buy one Dell laptop for $1000, and get a four year warranty with accidental damage protection. Buy a MacBook Pro for $2,000, and get a three year warranty, with zero accidental damage protection.

Apple is too busy with the iPad, the iPhone, and the iPod to care about corporate laptop/desktop/server sales at this point in time.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    grahamwgrahamw Posts: 575member
    Is anyone else having the same bug as DaHarder where all of their text is centralized? I've fixed a few posts, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else was having that problem.
  • Reply 83 of 87
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grahamw View Post

Is anyone else having the same bug as DaHarder where all of their text is centralized? I've fixed a few posts, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else was having that problem.

Bless you.
  • Reply 84 of 87
    finetunesfinetunes Posts: 2,065member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grahamw View Post

I really don't know. I start reading from the left side, if there is nothing there I assume that there is nothing posted. Works for me. Thanks again.
  • Reply 85 of 87
    res08haores08hao Posts: 114member
    Spoken like a true shill. Microsoft has never gotten anything, ever. All they can do is copy others.

"Zune Phone"= derision.
  • Reply 86 of 87
    res08haores08hao Posts: 114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bourgoises Pig View Post

Simple math: Apple hardware is no different than Dell hardware. The motherboards are probably made in the same Chinese factory. Buy one Dell laptop for $1000, and get a four year warranty with accidental damage protection. Buy a MacBook Pro for $2,000, and get a three year warranty, with zero accidental damage protection.

Apple is too busy with the iPad, the iPhone, and the iPod to care about corporate laptop/desktop/server sales at this point in time.

Doofus, I paid $900.00 for my macbook pro. Dells are plastic trash made for trailer trash.
  • Reply 87 of 87
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    I just can't believe Microsoft keeps coming up with these whacky names!

Seriously, why the heck can't they reign these things in? Windows 7 Phone Series - seriously? WTF?