Apple asks developers to test fonts in latest Mac OS X 10.6.3 beta

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    amdahlamdahl Posts: 100member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pondosinatra View Post

Er, wasn't the point of Snow Leopard that instead of introducing new features they'd focus on stability and reliability???

Yes, and by the time they are finished, it will probably have some stability and reliability. But who cares about that, 10.7.0 OMG!
  • Reply 42 of 44
    godriflegodrifle Posts: 267member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

With one post to your credit (and as a new participant), I am doubtful that people will take your response seriously. Of course, I haven't been a registered user for much longer. Perhaps I speak from experience, no? ;-)

At least it's good English. I have seen more questionable things on the Internet. But that's just me...

Perhaps you could post something with some long-term pedagogical value, rather than play two-bit copy editor. It will probably help you with your acceptance from the participants. It's just a suggestion though. Do as you please.

Plus one to *your* post count for the long-term pedagogical value of your reply. \

Minus 10 for your need to act as self-appointed thought-police and invoker of fecal gravity.

Minus 1000 for actually advising someone to seek acceptance.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

I'd prefer they take their time and get it right instead.

Of course. But what they are doing now is fixing things that was wrong from the release day of 10.6.0. I'd prefer if they got Snow Leopard right before releasing it. I've got a lot of trouble in my work after I updated to Snow Leopard due to the poor Open GL performance, and unreliable QuickTime performance. So now, I demand some heavy focus on resolving this. It's been out what now, half a year? It would have been better if they released Snow Leopard now when it's getting ready.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    godriflegodrifle Posts: 267member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

Of course. But what they are doing now is fixing things that was wrong from the release day of 10.6.0. I'd prefer if they got Snow Leopard right before releasing it. I've got a lot of trouble in my work after I updated to Snow Leopard due to the poor Open GL performance, and unreliable QuickTime performance. So now, I demand some heavy focus on resolving this. It's been out what now, half a year? It would have been better if they released Snow Leopard now when it's getting ready.

Not to mention the server side of Snow Leopard, which is so riddled with bugs that I actually had a Apple rep tell me that some of the features in it aren't ready for prime time, like Podcast Producer. And you know what? He's right. PcP represents everything that's wrong with Apple's approach to making promises they can't back up. It's costing them mindshare at my university, and that's deeply disappointing.