Robotic test reconfirms Apple's iPhone touchscreen superiority

Comments

• Reply 21 of 130
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

Another step towards Skynet...

Reading the new AI article about the military going to Apple, which is already using Apple products extensively, I was thinking more along the lines of Umbrella Corp. from Resident Evil.
  • Reply 22 of 130
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msantti View Post

Where are the trolls TECHSTUD and extremeskater?

See post #1 - no trolling but still managing to insinuate negativity. Hard not to when you are wired that way.
  • Reply 23 of 130
    reliasonreliason Posts: 135member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Woohoo! View Post

Likely a cold finger doesn't register as well as a warm one.

I have to tell my older clients to stick their finger under their arm or in their mouths to warm it up before using touch devices.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement.. and getting a headache in the process.

The iPhone touch pad is based on changes in charge/capacitence. The temperature of the finger (within reason) should have no effect. I use my iphone in sub zero weather. This guy is on crack.
  • Reply 24 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reliason View Post

I'm trying to wrap my head around this statement.. and getting a headache in the process.

The iPhone touch pad is based on changes in charge/capacitence. The temperature of the finger (within reason) should have no effect. I use my iphone in sub zero weather. This guy is on crack.

There is a causal relationship between a warm finger and extra cold finger being synced by a capacitance touchscreen, but I'd think that his notions would require more than a moment for appropriate blood flow to return to the tips. Seems like he's talking through his Bing hole again.
  • Reply 25 of 130
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

There is a causal relationship between a warm finger and extra cold finger being synced by a capacitance touchscreen, but I'd think that his notions would require more than a moment for appropriate blood flow to return to the tips. Seems like he's talking our his Bing hole again.

I'm seeing Mr Burns here and its not pretty, but I agree, cold weather and cold hands has never reduced the sensitivity of my iPhone's screen.
  • Reply 26 of 130
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

We already knew this.

Except Apple isn't stopping iPhone development. Oops.

It is odd how articles about Apple product advantages so often say, ?but someday competitors might go from being behind to being ahead.? Kind of a useless statement!
  • Reply 27 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reliason View Post

At least, he's being upfront, by admitting that he is from "ipadhateville."
  • Reply 28 of 130
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    unfair test

measuring capacitive to resistive. Of course "very light touch" will work best on capacitive.

This is the kind of mindless dribble you fanboys latch on to and drool over.

edit:

foot is in mouth
  • Reply 29 of 130
    asianbobasianbob Posts: 797member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

unfair test

measuring capacitive to resistive. Of course "very light touch" will work best on capacitive.

Umm... Which of these phones have a resistive screen? As far as I know, they're all capacitive.
  • Reply 30 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

At least, he's being upfront, by admitting that he is from "ipadhateville."

He's on another thread calling referring to the US president as Osama. Why hasn't he been banned yet?
  • Reply 31 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

Umm... Which of these phones have a resistive screen? As far as I know, they're all capacitive.

My shoe tastes nasty

I guess I was thrown off by the whole "light press" thing. I thought capacitive just worked no matter how hard you pressed.
  • Reply 32 of 130
    I find all the apple-sheep high-fiving each other in this thread hilarious.

How is having a 4mm-wide robotic touch relevant?

How many of your fingers are 4mm wide?
  • Reply 33 of 130
    champchamp Posts: 39member
    Quote:

unfair test

<sigh>
  • Reply 34 of 130
    supaflysupafly Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

No wonder the DROID hype has turned cold like a stale bread. Storm of course went out more like a drizzle. The rest are just copycats.

They will never leapfrog over Apple, because Apple has at least 2yrs advancement and refinement over all of them. It will only get better with time.

iPhone rules. Time will come when will take over 50% of the smartphone market. It will take time, but it sure will happen.

You should see the Android fanboys over on Engadget making all types of excuses for the Droid's performance. They're coming with classics like...

"it's not the Droid itself, it's the drivers..."

"iphone has less resolution"

"Seems to me like the robot was designed around the iphone? I am sure the robot path can be made perfect on any single phone and then when you use that same path on other phones it doesn't work so well."

But you know, Robots are Apple fanboys too.
  • Reply 35 of 130
    Quote:

unfair test

Only, afaik, all of the above phones are capacitive. And resistive wouldn't have the wavy lines that capacitive does because it doesn't need to do guesswork. Thus conducting this test on resistive screens would be pretty irrelevant... and definitely wouldn't need a 4mm wide stylus.

Nice to see the Droids godawful touch screen confirmed a little more scientifically. I was excited about the Droid until I got my hands on one and realised it was the biggest pile of ugly, unresponsive, under-clocked crap sporting the worst keyboard I've ever used. I thank the gods I didn't buy one.

Now, where can I buy one of these 4mm robotic fingers? The iPhone is a Settlers free play mode and a stylus away from being un-put-down-able.
  • Reply 36 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Champ View Post

<sigh>

yeah get over it. I already acknowledged my mistake (which you so conveniently left out of your quote.)
  • Reply 37 of 130
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Champ View Post

<sigh>

He already made note of his error for all to see. Which is why he's having fillet of . . . sole.

Next time I make an error like that, I hope I can admit as much too.

EDIT: He beat me to it.
  • Reply 38 of 130
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Supafly View Post

But you know, Robots are Apple fanboys too.

You mean fan-bots....
  • Reply 39 of 130
    Quote:

Dammit! I was going to reply with...
    Chronster already made note of Champ's post.
  • Reply 40 of 130
    Quote:

yeah get over it. I already acknowledged my mistake (which you so conveniently left out of your quote.)

Quote:

He already made note of his error for all to see. Which is why he's having fillet of . . . sole.

Next time I make an error like that, I hope I can admit as much too.

I think champ was -- imho, rightly -- sighing over the insults from chronster.

Regardless of whether he was right or wrong about capacitive/resistive, the put-downs were juvenile and unnecessary.