Apple approves iPad apps, developers choose 'HD,' 'XL' names

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by m2002brian View Post

720p has a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, a vertical resolution of 720 pixels and a horizontal resolution of 1280 pixels, that is 1280×720, for a total of 921,600 pixels. The 1280×720 format is always progressive scan, there is no interlace version of 1280×720. For legacy material it can also be used with an aspect ratio of 4:3 and then is 960×720 px.

Source: http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us

BTW LCD screens are almost ALWAYS progressive scan.

Read better. Thus having 720 vertical or horizontal (depending on orientation) scan lines and 4:3 display IT IS HD!
  • Reply 142 of 150
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post

no one is asking the most obvious question in all this....

WHY DO I HAVE TO RE-PURCHASE MY APPS????

steve jobs said during the media event the iPad will run almost all the apps in the app store....

No, you won't.
  • Reply 143 of 150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TECHSTUD View Post

You failed Math and Basic Logic .

You are multiplying each ratio by different variable and think you are correct??

First you multiply 4:3 by 3 and come up with 12:9 but then you multiply 3:2 by 4.5 and get 13.5:9 and expect me to fall for your flawed reasonings?

OMG- I can't believe what I've been reading here at AI!

The correct proof is as follows:

4:3 times 3= 12:9

3:2 times 3= 9:6

or better

4;3 times 5 = 20;15

3:2 times 5 = 15:10

In both cases you can clearly see that 3:2 is a ratio where one side is 1 1/2 longer than the other whereas 4:3 is not.

Conclusion 3:2 is much closer to 16:9 than 4:3.

But Dude - look at the iPhone does it look squarish or rectagularish? I can't believe you actually think otherwise???

NOw I am late for school disproving your beliefs.

Sigh!

I see he's banned, but he still doesn't understand the simple math behind it.
  • Reply 144 of 150
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Sigh!

I see he's banned, but he still doesn't understand the simple math behind it.

No, he's not. See my sig.
  • Reply 145 of 150
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

No, he's not. See my sig.

"banned" in red usually means "banned.
  • Reply 146 of 150
    Quote:

"banned" in red usually means "banned.

The username is banned, not the user who invoked the ban in the first place.
  • Reply 147 of 150
    Quote:

The username is banned, not the user who invoked the ban in the first place.

You can never actually ban a person, only the persona they use at the time.
  • Reply 148 of 150
    Quote:

You can never actually ban a person, only the persona they use at the time.

Then the ban isn't just pointless, but gives them a clean slate that bypasses ignore lists and lets them derail thread without users realizing that their statements and questions aren't serious. It's almost like the witness protection for trolls, expect they aren't rolling over on other trolls to get in the program.
  • Reply 149 of 150
    Quote:

Then the ban isn't just pointless, but gives them a clean slate that bypasses ignore lists and lets them derail thread without users realizing that their statements and questions aren't serious. It's almost like the witness protection for trolls, expect they aren't rolling over on other trolls to get in the program.

Banning is also often through IP address which helps. Most people go away after being banned just once. Some after two times. There are a few who are more persistent.
  • Reply 150 of 150
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitlnoize View Post

I dare anyone to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a screen that size. With a good encoding, I can hardly do it on my 50" plasma from 15 feet.

Not everything in life is about the specs.

Everything looks crisp and clean when you get far enough away from it. If you're sitting 15 feet away from your 50" screen, you're doing it wrong. The proper viewing distance for a 50" HDTV is 6.5 feet. At 15ft you may as well be watching VHS tapes on your plasma, because you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.