Why I put off Macs for years

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Last time I was in an Apple store, a salesperson was always hovering right over my shoulder too. I thought that was strange until I looked at his name tag. George Jetson.

Toons. You just can't trust 'em.

• Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:

Last time I was in an Apple store, a salesperson was always hovering right over my shoulder too. I thought that was strange until I looked at his name tag. George Jetson.

I lol'd at this. ^_^
  • Reply 23 of 30
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

They prefer to be called "Animated Americans"!
  • Reply 24 of 30
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

They prefer to be called "Animated Americans"!

I heard "Virtual Persons" is the preferred label.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    If you felt you were being unnecessarily "monitored", that's when you go up to the person and say nicely..."Excuse me, but I couldn't help notice you are following/spying on me. May I ask what it is about me that interests you?"

I'm sure this would embarras the person so much that they would leave you alone. There are ways of dealing with situations like this that are better than running to a forum and venting your frustrations.

I've never noticed it to be bad at all in Sydney. Even the security guards are really nice and friendly, often chatting to customers. I find the problem of over-zealous monitoring of customers to be far worse at places like high-end clothes shops or fashion stores.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf View Post

If you felt you were being unnecessarily "monitored", that's when you go up to the person and say nicely..."Excuse me, but I couldn't help notice you are following/spying on me. May I ask what it is about me that interests you?"

I'm sure this would embarras the person so much that they would leave you alone. There are ways of dealing with situations like this that are better than running to a forum and venting your frustrations.

I've never noticed it to be bad at all in Sydney. Even the security guards are really nice and friendly, often chatting to customers. I find the problem of over-zealous monitoring of customers to be far worse at places like high-end clothes shops or fashion stores.

Exactly, walk into Best Buy in the US and just try to find a salesperson to help you, in the Apple Stores if they are not busy they will come and see if you need any help. That´s what makes Apple a success, they are active in trying to assist people.

IMO the OP walks in with a pre-existing condition.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moloch View Post

In my recent trip to the Apple store, I was followed around the store by a black sales girl who never said a word to me...

*snip*

...she clearly wanted to harass a white guy with her creative suspicions, constantly glancing at my screen while chatting with a coworker.

Wow. Just wow.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

Maybe the sales person was thrown off by the OPs confederate flag t-shirt? Or his teabagger gimme cap?

Lots of people from the south respect the Confederate Flag that are not racist at all. In fact if you knew the history behind the flag you wouldn't think the way you do.

I too thought it was strange the OP brought up race.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    stevegmustevegmu Posts: 539member
    Maybe he's posting from South Africa, where whites are terribly discriminated against.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    \ haha