Steve Jobs appears at Palo Alto Apple store for iPad launch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    That lovely old Johnny Ive looks as good as the products he designs. :-)
  • Reply 22 of 26
    akf2000akf2000 Posts: 223member
    If Jobs is the man in black that must make Ive Jacob.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    You do understand that Apple will pick somebody who has already been working for Apple for a long time to lead the company. Somebody who already knows Ive well.

With that said, when Jobs leaves, especially if he dies, I think some, maybe many, people will leave voluntarily. It is said when Jobs returned to Apple lots of former Apple employees called him up wanting to return. Lots of talented people at Apple who could work anywhere came back to Apple just to work with Steve again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Steve and Jon are good friends.

It's been in my experience that when a changing of the leader occurs, there is a differences in taste of style at the top.

It's like a spec house having $100,000 cherry cabinets and the new owner likes the cheap white metal ones from the 50's, or new CEO replaces all the paintings in the lounge and hallways.

Plus it's a power/pecking order thing too, what is Jon going to do around Apple after Steve retires?

Tell the new CEO "well Steve always liked it that way"??? not going to wash.

I could be wrong, who knows? Perhaps the new CEO will be so timid that he won't change anything, perhaps Jon will adjust not being so buddy buddy with the new boss.

Just talking and speculating.

• Reply 24 of 26
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Company execs should do this kind of stuff as a matter of course. Steve is too iconised but by getting out there, chatting and enjoying some of the gear/experience that they've created is good for them and good for customers.

I'd like to see them do this a lot more often. It happens in other companies a lot. For instance, supermarket executives quietly visit hundreds of stores a year unannounced to better understand what they're doing and who they're serving.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Steve jobs will never die, his consciousness has been transferred into an Asgard, the Kidney transplant was a deception.

http://www.mediabistro.com/baynewser...steve-jobs.jpg

http://dube.files.wordpress.com/2008...d_stargate.jpg

Quote:
    Originally Posted by benice View Post

Company execs should do this kind of stuff as a matter of course. Steve is too iconised but by getting out there, chatting and enjoying some of the gear/experience that they've created is good for them and good for customers.

I'd like to see them do this a lot more often. It happens in other companies a lot. For instance, supermarket executives quietly visit hundreds of stores a year unannounced to better understand what they're doing and who they're serving.

• Reply 26 of 26
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    We miss you, Steve.