Hackers release new 'jailbreak' for Apple's iPhone 3GS, iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post

Maybe but my iPhone is not under contract with AT&T any longer. I use the Line2 VoIP application for a WIFI phone.

I guess I will sit here in jail by myself, apparently I am the only one
  • Reply 42 of 48
    angeldoanangeldoan Posts: 2member
    2 hours? you serious? or are you trying to play for sympathy points by embellishing?
  • Reply 43 of 48
    bbhbbh Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

Why bother at all - I have seen nothing on Cydia but Apps that would tend to make you system less stable and certainly not anything that I can't do without? I know people like to customize their phones with diff icons and skins, but what a hassle and risk to do that.

Other than the obvious (being able to run a shell and terminal would be cool - ssh, file system, etc...) what is the draw? I do understand that there is a desire to choose carriers from some but I get the feeling that it is mostly other add-ons. Can someone inform this developer?

Well, one incredibly simple,incredibly useful item is the Bluetooth Toggle. Yes, i can go to Settings-general-Bluetooth , but why, when it is sooooo easy,won't Apple give me a simple toggle? Tethering my wifi iPad is another.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBH View Post

Well, one incredibly simple,incredibly useful item is the Bluetooth Toggle. Yes, i can go to Settings-general-Bluetooth , but why, when it is sooooo easy,won't Apple give me a simple toggle? Tethering my wifi iPad is another.

I like this feature as well. On an airplane I like to just switch airplane mode on but that kills everything. I would rather kill 3G and WiFi and maintain my BT for headphones.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to put your own software on a jailbroken iphone? I can accept just about all of Apple's decisions regarding the iPhone, but when I have to pay $100 per year for the privilege of writing an application for myself to put on my own device, I think that's going a bit too far.

And for the curious: I don't even use my iPhone for a phone any more. We turned off data on ours last week and went back to dumb phones. My iPhone is essentially an iPod now, and I'd like to write some simple apps to make dealing with some things in my life easier. I'm not interested in tethering or pirating. Just using *my* device for the benefit of *my* life and family.

Peace.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    nasdarqnasdarq Posts: 137member
    Is there a pirated iPad bookstore already?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

It is through THAT DEVICE.

You can insist in one hand and crap in the other, which one will fill up faster?

Again, you can insist in one hand and crap in the other, which one will fill up faster?

I sleep well at night, Your just stretching, we are talking data here.

Boo Whooo. Cry me a river, im off to use MY AT&T Data.

If you ever come up with an intelligent response, let me know.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    BTStack for adding a mouse makes it easy to decide to Jailbreak!

Then, with Griffin's new A-Frame iPad Stand and a Bluetooth Keyboard, I've got the best of both worlds.

A Desktop when I'm home at my desk, and the wonderful 1.5 lb. iPad with all of it's wonderfulness everywher else!

Superb!

Alan