Apple releases iPhone OS 4 beta 3 with lock, iPod widget features

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    jamesmcdjamesmcd Posts: 68member
    Beta 3 is back on the dev page btw.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    s4mb4s4mb4 Posts: 267member
    can you do itunes backups with beta 3 and 9.1.1?
  • Reply 23 of 30
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Orientation lock looks totally wrong. It's got a frame around the icon unlike the ipod icon, plus I don't see what the bar is supposed to be now. Is it for OS controls or multi-tasked apps?

I think if they had it useable for system controls and then apps it might work a lot better, but putting them on the same line seems to look fairly bad. Plus the text with it looks pretty bad it too.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    fabsgwufabsgwu Posts: 78member
    I'd like to see these music control widgets expanded for use with the active core audio backgrounding app. For example, if Pandora is streaming in the background, that app could access the controls (instead of the iPod app). From a usability perspective, this just makes sense

http://developer.apple.com/technolog...and-video.html
  • Reply 25 of 30
    tiptontipton Posts: 54member
    Is the iBook app included for the iPhone?
  • Reply 26 of 30
    damn_its_hotdamn_its_hot Posts: 1,209member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tipton View Post

Is the iBook app included for the iPhone?

Not yet - I understand that they are considering it but will probably happen when desktop Mac OS X version of iBook is made available. This hopefully will be an app that is not part of iTunes or Quicktime. These seem to be the fav place to add stuff but iTunes especially is getting a little bloated.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fabsgwu View Post

I'd like to see these music control widgets expanded for use with the active core audio backgrounding app. For example, if Pandora is streaming in the background, that app could access the controls (instead of the iPod app). From a usability perspective, this just makes sense

Good, because Steve demoed it in the announcement for OS 4. You should watch it

EDIT: he also demoed Skype popping up the same controls the phone app uses...
  • Reply 28 of 30
    fabsgwufabsgwu Posts: 78member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Good, because Steve demoed it in the announcement for OS 4. You should watch it

EDIT: he also demoed Skype popping up the same controls the phone app uses...

I did watch the keynote, I'm referring to Pandora specifically accessing these new music widgets, which have been intro'd *after* the OS 4.0 keynote. So far I haven't seen anything other than the iPod app utilizing this new feature.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    tkwleetkwlee Posts: 12member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fabsgwu View Post

I did watch the keynote, I'm referring to Pandora specifically accessing these new music widgets, which have been intro'd *after* the OS 4.0 keynote. So far I haven't seen anything other than the iPod app utilizing this new feature.

By the way is it possibel to introduce weather widget, news widget and stock market widget later?
  • Reply 30 of 30
    nevermind. I found it.