New iPhone 4 prototype spotted in Vietnam

1356710

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 182
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post


    4G is thinner, but I wouldn't mind if it got fatter as long as they get rid of the black part above and below the screen. I think that's total waste of space, the whole front part should just be a screen.



    Where are you going to put the home button, and how do you want to hold it in landscape mode. I think the bezel on the top and bottom are there for space reasons, as well as for the same reason the iPad has such a big bezel: you need to hold it in some way without obscuring the screen.
  • Reply 42 of 182
    swingeswinge Posts: 108member
    16 GB? Seems strange right? Following Apple's patterns with upgrades you would assume 3 models available in the summer:
    • 64 GB iPhone HD

    • 32 GB iPhone HD

    • 16 GB iPhone 3GS

  • Reply 43 of 182
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geekdad View Post


    I guess Steve will have his raiding crew on a flight this morning to shake down this guy and haul him to court too! :-) I wonder how he gets his thumbscrews past TSA?

    Now relax everyone that was just a little Wednesday morning humor! :-)



    He tells the guy at the gate he knows how small his genitalia is.



    They usually just let him right by, even escort him to his seat in first class.
  • Reply 44 of 182
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 19,387member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post


    I'm not interested at all until I see how easy a jailbreak is. My 3G is easy to jailbreak, and I'd consider it almost unusable without it.



    Honestly, with the attitude I keep seeing out of Apple these days, if they come out with good CalDAV support for Android, I may not be buying another iPhone at all.



    I don't like the design of this thing nearly as much as the 3G, it looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold.



    For a vast majority of the millions of iPhone users and hence, Apple, your market segment is irrelevant.
  • Reply 45 of 182
    spero che non è il finale?non mi piace. specialmente le linee e i bottoni. uffa! piuttosto brutto.



    sicuramente, questo non è il finale disegno!
  • Reply 46 of 182
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 1,954member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post


    The California police are now going to break down doors in Vietnam?



    Exactly. Apple really screwed up here by going after the Gizmodo guys so hard. I predicted at the time that they were just creating an incentive for people to take these things out of the country, and here it has happened already. Really, all in all, the Gizmodo thing went as well as Apple could have hoped -- they got the prototype back, after all. They won't be getting this one back, nor will they likely ever get back a prototype that goes missing again. It's now crystal clear that you have to get it out of the country, and so that's what will happen from now on.
  • Reply 47 of 182
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swinge View Post


    16 GB? Seems strange right? Following Apple's patterns with upgrades you would assume 3 models available in the summer:
    • 64 GB iPhone HD

    • 32 GB iPhone HD

    • 16 GB iPhone 3GS




    My guess is that they kept the 3G because it was the same enclosure, so only a couple of internal parts changed. I think this years line up will be iPhone HD only in 3 different versions: 16, 32 and 64 GB, as I don't think that they will keep production lines for the 3G(S) model around any longer.
  • Reply 48 of 182
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,949member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post


    4G is thinner, but I wouldn't mind if it got fatter as long as they get rid of the black part above and below the screen. I think that's total waste of space, the whole front part should just be a screen.



    The "waste of space" on the iPhone is just a myth, there are parts there. Someone mentioned the home button and possible ergonomic issues. Then there's the earpiece, the camera, the proximity sensor on the top end. The dock connector, mic and speaker output on the bottom end, among other things. Sometimes just leaving things where they are is better than making it thicker.
  • Reply 49 of 182
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stefano Lavori View Post


    spero che non è il finale?non mi piace. specialmente le linee e i bottoni. uffa! piuttosto brutto.



    sicuramente, questo non è il finale disegno!



    questo è sicuramente il disegno definitivo di iPhone 4G. Due prototypes stati trovati vicino alla data di WWDC.
  • Reply 50 of 182
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    The "waste of space" on the iPhone is just a myth, there are parts there. Someone mentioned the home button and possible ergonomic issues. Then there's the earpiece, the camera, the proximity sensor on the top end. The dock connector, mic and speaker output on the bottom end, among other things. Sometimes just leaving things where they are is better than making it thicker.



    With the iPad, isn't there a lot of empty space inside also? I thought I remember someone talking about how this could help with audio. Maybe the new iPhone will have better audio due to more "open" space inside.
  • Reply 51 of 182
    shubiduashubidua Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stefano Lavori View Post


    spero che non è il finale—non mi piace. specialmente le linee e i bottoni. uffa! piuttosto brutto.



    sicuramente, questo non è il finale disegno!



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rebelmusik View Post


    questo è sicuramente il disegno definitivo di iPhone 4G. Due prototypes stati trovati vicino alla data di WWDC.



    I think I missed that I'm an on italian forum ...



    could we stick to english, please?



    Edit: apparently this was not a very friendly last sentence, so I rephrased it (was: "Seriously guys, would you mind using english ?")
  • Reply 52 of 182
    This latest design is just outstanding IMO.



    Anyone know yet if the tear-down has revealed an LED for notifications? This is a must have feature for me at this point.
  • Reply 53 of 182
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,949member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post


    With the iPad, isn't there a lot of empty space inside also? I thought I remember someone talking about how this could help with audio. Maybe the new iPhone will have better audio due to more "open" space inside.



    iPad is different, and does seem to have actual cavity space, and it might be helping for the sound, I don't know, but there is more reason for the iPad to have strong sound output. The reports so far of 4th gen iPhone say that it's packed pretty tightly.
  • Reply 54 of 182
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 19,387member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post


    Exactly. Apple really screwed up here by going after the Gizmodo guys so hard. I predicted at the time that they were just creating an incentive for people to take these things out of the country, and here it has happened already. Really, all in all, the Gizmodo thing went as well as Apple could have hoped -- they got the prototype back, after all. They won't be getting this one back, nor will they likely ever get back a prototype that goes missing again. It's now crystal clear that you have to get it out of the country, and so that's what will happen from now on.



    To think that this sort of activity can be put to rest in today's globalized supply chain, globalized market base and globalized media is sheer lunacy. As you say, it will simply migrate to outside the US.



    Moreover, Apple will have to live with the fact that it is a celebrity company, with a celebrity CEO and celebrity products. As with others of that species -- the question is not whether it is right or wrong -- they are going to get stalked/scooped/paparazzi'd/rumored on. That's the nature of the beast.



    (After all, let's be honest with ourselves, the reason for its existence is us).
  • Reply 55 of 182
    2 cents2 cents Posts: 307member
    I was thinking of getting my first iphone soon and this is looking like the real deal, so I'll wait and see what happens next month. But I still want an ipad badly. Doesn't apple realize the economy is bad? We need a break between awesome product releases so we can save up some money.
  • Reply 56 of 182
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post


    How long until someone blames Gizmodo for this one?



    Probably after Gizmodo uploads another video confessing they illegally bought stolen goods again.
  • Reply 57 of 182
    swingeswinge Posts: 108member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2 cents View Post


    I was thinking of getting my first iphone soon and this is looking like the real deal, so I'll wait and see what happens next month. But I still want an ipad badly. Doesn't apple realize the economy is bad? We need a break between awesome product releases so we can save up some money.



    For my 2 cents if you can only buy one, I would get the iPhone and forget the iPad. For one the phone can do a lot more (e.g. make calls, shoot photos and video). It's also simply more useful because your phone is ALWAYS with you... I use the Tomtom GPS app all the time...Also, instead of listening to the radio, I stream podcasts and listen to that while driving....The list is endless....Would be interesting to hear iPad arguments though...
  • Reply 58 of 182
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the cool gut View Post


    Probably after Gizmodo uploads another video confessing they illegally bought stolen goods again.



    Oh, I don't think it would take anything like that. Irrationally blaming someone seldom requires facts.



    I expect someone will say that Giz's actions encouraged this guy to feel free to do this.
  • Reply 59 of 182
    technotechno Posts: 707member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post


    AI is here to give the people what they want. We want pictures of unreleased products? They link to them. We want Gizmodo crucified? They print stories about the investigation. AI never stopped linking to Gizmodo's site, you may remember...



    That being said, I think there is probably some etiquette to a rumor and leak blog that Gizmodo seemed to violate--the whole public "we will pay for unreleased products" schtick just doesn't smell right... Also, if some employee wants to jeopardize his job or career by leaking photos or information, that is one thing, but taking possession of a clearly lost (if not stolen) prototype seems to go beyond...



    I guess you are right. It just seemed like AI was being a little self righteous in their reporting of the Gizmodo episode while linking and showing the very same photos. It reminds me of CNN having a feature on how the tabloids exploit some person or thing while doing the very same thing as they report on the tabloid.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    The trade secrets were problematic, but that's out of the bag now. I think the bigger problem was more or less admitting having paid for an allegedly stolen device (we don't know on the outside yet, but Gizmodo's story does have significant holes in it). The amount supposedly paid was also enough to trip the felony trigger.



    True, the cat is out of the bag.
  • Reply 60 of 182
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    This next iphone is gonna be a beast. I really hope Jobs can see what Adobe has done with flash for Android and reconsider his stance. If this new iphone has an A4 processor, it means it's running at 1Ghz right? That meets the 800mhz minimum Adobe has said is needed for flash mobile! I know this goes against the religion around here, but I think iPhone OS will support Flash someday and after it does, Jobs will justify his change of heart by saying he did it only because it's better than everyone else lol.
Sign In or Register to comment.