Google compares Apple to 'Big Brother' from iconic 1984 ad

Comments

• Reply 341 of 431
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,948member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

When you can address the topic, let me know. But this yammering about how I don't make sense is tiring.

I simply have a different opinion and I suppose that's confusing for you?

Typical forum BS.

No, I understand what your opinion is. You're simply wrong. All opinions are not of equal value. Yours is simply based on your own personal experience and is therefore of little to no value.

Although, you are a bit of an Adobe tool, too, you have to admit.
  • Reply 342 of 431
    wargravewargrave Posts: 1member
    You know what the biggest irony in this whole debate is that Android is open source and considered a non-gated garden (unlike iPhone), but all the cell phone providers build their own gardens and make it all proprietary.

What do you want to bet that if Verizon had the iPhone that it would still run same apps that was running on AT&T's iPhone. This is the write once run anywhere model, something even Google pursues (but is failing with Android). True freedom and flexibility for applications. How the apps are delivered to your device shouldn't matter.
  • Reply 343 of 431
    groovetubegroovetube Posts: 557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

No, I understand what your opinion is. You're simply wrong. All opinions are not of equal value. Yours is simply based on your own personal experience and is therefore of little to no value.

Although, you are a bit of an Adobe tool, too, you have to admit.

oooh there it is, "adobe tool".

Lessee. Ignorant fool, adobe tool... LMAO. The tactics of someone out of ideas.

Sorry pal, I use apple computers, love them. Wouldn't consider another platform, certainly not for now. I use adobe software, as well as many different companies. I see the good, and the bad. I don't have blinders on for any one company. I'm not the one defending only one company to the death here LOL.
  • Reply 344 of 431
    Quote:

oooh there it is, "adobe tool".

Lessee. Ignorant fool, adobe tool... LMAO. The tactics of someone out of ideas.

Sorry pal, I use apple computers, love them. Wouldn't consider another platform, certainly not for now. I use adobe software, as well as many different companies. I see the good, and the bad. I don't have blinders on for any one company. I'm not the one defending only one company to the death here LOL.

No, you're the one here defending the technology your livelihood depends on to death.

As for your "Apple love", you stated in another thread that you don't have much faith in them. Doesn't sound like love to me. You should get your story straight.

I'm not out of ideas, it's just that you have only one, fully discredited, but repeated by you ad nauseum, so what's left to say other than that you're wrong. Which of us showed up here solely to defend Flash? Which of us showed up in this thread only once Flash was mentioned? If it looks like a tool and walks like a tool, it's a tool.
  • Reply 345 of 431
    Quote:

No, you're the one here defending the technology your livelihood depends on to death.

As for your "Apple love", you stated in another thread that you don't have much faith in them. Doesn't sound like love to me. You should get your story straight.

I'm not out of ideas, it's just that you have only one, fully discredited, but repeated by you ad nauseum, so what's left to say other than that you're wrong. Which of us showed up here solely to defend Flash? Which of us showed up in this thread only once Flash was mentioned? If it looks like a tool and walks like a tool, it's a tool.

ahhh, here's the direct quote, I said:

Quote:

it appears you have less faith in apple than I do...

try again...

anyway, now you're going in circles. I've finished my coffee it's time to go enjoy the day. later.
  • Reply 346 of 431
    Quote:

... anyway, now you're going in circles.

We've been going in circles for weeks. Flash is dead. Accept it or not, see it or not, its fate is already decided.
  • Reply 347 of 431
    Quote:

We've been going in circles for weeks. Flash is dead. Accept it or not, see it or not, its fate is already decided.

well, as long as it seems to have been decided by a handful of posters here who'll defend steve jobs to the death, I think flash will be around for some time.

• Reply 348 of 431
    Quote:

well, as long as it seems to have been decided by a handful of posters here who'll defend steve jobs to the death, I think flash will be around for some time.

See, this is where you show a complete lack of understanding. Saying that Flash is dead has nothing to do with Steve Jobs. Maybe this issue only came to your attention when he published his "Thoughts on Flash", but it's been discussed here long before that. We know what you think. We also know that it has no basis other than your own wishful thinking, no basis other than your inability to accept that something you are committed to is on its way out, no basis other than simple denial of reality.
  • Reply 349 of 431
    Quote:

See, this is where you show a complete lack of understanding. Saying that Flash is dead has nothing to do with Steve Jobs. Maybe this issue only came to your attention when he published his "Thought on Flash", but it's been discussed here long before that. We know what you think. We also know that it has no basis other than your own wishful thinking, no basis other than your inability to accept that something you are committed to is on its way out, no basis other than simple denial of reality.

you've posted ZERO evidence that flash is dead.

Perhaps you can go tell the hundreds of thousands of developers who are still developing on the platform.

Maybe you can go call them ignorant fools too. Good luck with that.

Maybe you call all the users downloading flash on android ignorant fools.

You're full of crap. You've made unsubstantiated statements, and declared flash as dead, before any real evidence of such an event has sown itself. So, therefore, it's your OPINION.

You're welcome to your OPINION, but calling other ignorant fools because they disagree, well, that says it all friend. It says it all.

• Reply 350 of 431
    Quote:

you've posted ZERO evidence that flash is dead.

Perhaps you can go tell the hundreds of thousands of developers who are still developing on the platform.

Actually, I and others have repeatedly posted reams of evidence why Flash is dead. Evidence that you conveniently ignore in your "counterarguments". So, you either have a reading comprehension problem or a desire to misrepresent.

Where will I go to let the Flash developers know what's about to happen? Do they hang out down at Club COBOL?
  • Reply 351 of 431
    Quote:

Actually, I and others have repeatedly posted reams of evidence why Flash is dead. Evidence that you conveniently ignore in your "counterarguments". So, you either have a reading comprehension problem or a desire to misrepresent.

Where will I go to let the Flash developers know what's about to happen? Do they hang out down at Club COBOL?

reams of evidence? what that some companies have decided to use html5 for video delivery, and that html5 is "GONNA" kill flash?

That's reams of evidence? pfffft.

Ok. Sounds like a slam dunk to me...

• Reply 352 of 431
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Google = future Microsoft of non-PC devices

Vic Gundotra = future Steve Ballmer

Vic was pretty smug. Wanted to shove an iPhone up his *** just to wipe that smirk of his face.

And they were using a Mac for the presentation. LOLs why not use a PC with ChromeOS or something on it.

Good on those getting onto Android, that will pretty much kill Windows Mobile (good riddance to bad rubbish) and give Symbian a run for their money.

In the meantime, Apple will be Apple. Apple's not perfect, and I ain't happy with some of the things they do and the support I get in my country, but tinkering with different versions of Android on different average hardware devices... Meh

<Begin with the flaming calling me an Apple fanboy>

BTW Thanks to Spirit Jailbreak I am running a nice Winterboard theme, got Veency on my iPhone, and other possibilities abound. Also BTW in my country I have tethering. Next up, WiFi syncing of iTunes to explore as well as MyFi / MyWi
  • Reply 353 of 431
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Amen to that, brother. By the way, Heaven is a closed system. Earth is an open system. Take your pick.

Actually I see it the other way round. But that would derail this thread even further, I don't even know where this thread is now.
  • Reply 354 of 431
    Quote:

Quote:

reams of evidence? what that some companies have decided to use html5 for video delivery, and that html5 is "GONNA" kill flash?

Flash is as "dead" as the world using fossil fuels. Ideally a lot of people want to move on but the current reality sucks.
  • Reply 355 of 431
    Quote:

Still not clear if you have a reading comprehension problem or just a desire to misrepresent, leaning toward the latter theory, though.
  • Reply 356 of 431
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asherian View Post

I'm a realist.

Both companies have visions and both companies chase profits. The notion that Apple is some kind of angelic "idealistic" company (that just so happens to have the largest profit margins in the business, which means they're taking far more money from your pocket than other companies) is beyond silly.

Apple is out here to make as much money as possible. That's the goal of any publicly traded company. They have a unique style and approach to business (simplified product lineup + great styling + high profit margins) but to confuse that with some kind of idealism is folly. If anything, Apple's PR historically has been some of the misleading and unidealistic marketing I've ever seen -- do you remember the claims that G4s were "supercomputers"? Their "idealism" leads them to do some things like intentionally change iTunes specifically to break interoperability with other manufacturer's devices. That doesn't help the consumer in any way, despite Apple's spin that it does. Those are not examples of idealism.

Apple is no angel, they are though in a lot of cases the "lesser evil". I'm pissed at Apple for many things but the alternative, for example, a HP Mini netbook running Windows 7, is... sigh... just money down the toilet.
  • Reply 357 of 431
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Flash is as "dead" as the world using fossil fuels. Ideally a lot of people want to move on but the current reality sucks.

Maybe it seemed like a clever turn of phrase to you when you wrote it?

You can stay in denial as long as you want, but its fate is decided and it's a dead-end technology.
  • Reply 358 of 431
    Quote:

well unsure of the analogy, but I get your point and agree somewhat. Things are very much in flux and don't think anything is 'decided' (other than in the minds of Steve Job's apostles maybe). But certainly the next year or possibly 2 will shape where things will go. Certainly not many (myself included) expected android to suddenly start doing so well. I hope they don't become the next microsoft.
  • Reply 359 of 431
    asianbobasianbob Posts: 797member
    Quote:

Quote:

Maybe it seemed like a clever turn of phrase to you when you wrote it?

You can stay in denial as long as you want, but its fate is decided and it's a dead-end technology.

I think nvidia2008's analogy is very fitting. Like HTML5, there are plenty of newer fuels under development and it has hit the market in limited quantities. However, like Flash, the bulk of the world still uses fossil fuels.

I think an analogy for your line of thought is that since fossil fuels are technically also a "dead end" technology, that we should all stop using cars that use gas and jump into hydrogen or all-electric cars. Problem is, that the infrastructure (like HTML5 saturation) isn't there to support such an abrupt jump.
  • Reply 360 of 431
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AsianBob View Post

I think nvidia2008's analogy is very fitting. Like HTML5, there are plenty of newer fuels under development and it has hit the market in limited quantities. However, like Flash, the bulk of the world still uses fossil fuels.

I think an analogy for your line of thought is that since fossil fuels are technically also a "dead end" technology, that we should all stop using cars that use gas and jump into hydrogen or all-electric cars. Problem is, that the infrastructure (like HTML5 saturation) isn't there to support such an abrupt jump.

No, it's a dumb analogy, there are no parallels. Clinging to Flash is clinging to false hope.