1.4 trillion dollars

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Come to think of it, I've been meaning to sue Eve for eating the forbidden fruit and screwing my life up. Sounds like now's a good time.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>Come to think of it, I've been meaning to sue Eve for eating the forbidden fruit and screwing my life up. Sounds like now's a good time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

damn females...

they always screw everything up...
  • Reply 23 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    The main argument here seems to be that since no one alive today was a slave, they can't sue.

OK. But then what about people who are alive today who were segregated and denied education just 50 years ago? The gov't has paid reparations to the Japanese for internment, and other people that were wronged. Why not Blacks?
  • Reply 24 of 27
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    OK fine. but those companies listed in the suit had nothing to do with blacks not getting an edumication 50 years ago.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>The main argument here seems to be that since no one alive today was a slave, they can't sue.

OK. But then what about people who are alive today who were segregated and denied education just 50 years ago? The gov't has paid reparations to the Japanese for internment, and other people that were wronged. Why not Blacks?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have been undert he impression that billions have been spent towards bringing equality for AA's. Maybe even Trillions over time. Social programs, court rulings, and such have gone a long way and cost a lot of money to ensure that people are aware of what the black man went through. This has got to be the worst kept secret I have heard of. "Did you know that black people used to be slaves? ** REALLY!!! No way!!! ** Yeah and they used to be owned by white people a long time ago! ** WOW! Now I feel bad being white and all." Geeze....
  • Reply 26 of 27
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>I have been undert he impression that billions have been spent towards bringing equality for AA's. Maybe even Trillions over time.</strong><hr></blockquote>Which programs are those? There's medicaid and welfare, but those go mostly to whites. There was busing to desegregate schools. There are some scholarships and other gov't-sponsored recruitment initiatives to attract blacks to certain fields like sciences. Hardly billions and trillions.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,431member
    Affirmative Action has benefitted ALL minorities and Women. Blacks are just a small component of the overall structure. Again this lawsuit is not seeking retribution from White it is looking for damages from companies that profited from slave(low cost) labor. This is what makes the suit mor valid that the "get whitey" garbage of the past.