Apple rumored to directly provide raises to Foxconn employees

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Netcrawler View Post

Think how disheartening it must be to make maybe just enough money to survive, while assembling devices (toys) for the rest of the world. Don't know how a token raise will help when there's little joy in life or job.

Ridiculous.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

Sounds like an opportunity for FOXCONN to raise the room and boarding fees it charges it's workers.

Most companies I'm aware of offer their workers free room and board and at least 1 free meal a day. Pretty good for the majority of factory workers who come in from the countryside where they earn approximately jack.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franksmith22 View Post

You have got to be kidding me. Are you a communist party mouthpiece??? What about all the harmful chemicals they're inhaling the work conditions, etc. The apathy of these apple apologists is sickening

Thanks, Steve Ballmer. I'm sure you're really quite concerned about Apple's partner manufacturer's working conditions...
  • Reply 64 of 64
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franksmith22 View Post

You have got to be kidding me. Are you a communist party mouthpiece??? What about all the harmful chemicals they're inhaling the work conditions, etc. The apathy of these apple apologists is sickening

Have you ever been in a Foxconn Factory? Have you been in US factories?